Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Single Mom Survey: Men Aren't Worth The Trouble
Post Single Mom Survey: Men Aren't Worth The Trouble 
http://www.twincities.com/life/ci_12740916

A survey of single moms shows that many consider the problems of relationships often makes parenting harder than going it alone.

Maybe you should set your sights on a higher grade of man, ladies. If the one who fathered your child bailed out on his responsibilities, it suggests that your selection criterion could stand an upgrade.

Post Re: Single Mom Survey: Men Aren't Worth The Trouble 
thrice wrote:

Maybe you should set your sights on a higher grade of man, ladies. If the one who fathered your child bailed out on his responsibilities, it suggests that your selection criterion could stand an upgrade.

Oooooh yes. It's the women's fault that the men flaked out. Naturally! And there are legions of dashing, wealthy, responsible men waiting around to pick up single mothers and take on the role of life-long father figure to someone else's children.

Please.

Nobody said that, Dora. How is suggesting that someone demand more a laying of blame? Seems logical to me that a bad experience with a low class guy is quite relevant to the general low opinion of males and their role in the relationship that even this author seems to share.

Steve Harvey seems to share my view. He's enjoying huge success with his book and show appearances that are based on the main theme that women need to demand more and better from their relationships. Is that a putdown, or a call to value and empower yourself?

In all sincerity, Dora, I have been down that road myself. I can assure you that an intense, painful self examination and inventory, followed by life and attitude changes, is absolutely critical in order to avoid repeating relationship mistakes. It applies to men and women alike.

I actually agree with thrice on this one, dorajar. I don't think he was saying that the woman is to blame for her baby daddy's flakeout. What he's saying - and with which I agree - is that women should expect more from men. This survey says that relationships aren't worth it. Well...relationships with losers aren't worth it...that's a big difference.

I actually agree with thrice on this one, dorajar. I don't think he was saying that the woman is to blame for her baby daddy's flakeout. What he's saying - and with which I agree - is that women should expect more from men. This survey says that relationships aren't worth it. Well...relationships with losers aren't worth it...that's a big difference.

This.

I've noticed that people in general tend to break out of one relationship and find a different person with the same qualities (or lack thereof) as the previous and hop in to a relationship with them. These people get burned again and again. The mentality seems to be that life isn't complete without a partner. No one stops to consider that the single life is a valid, and sometimes preferable option to the swag that has been the norm.

If women want to get themselves pregant and then go it alone, financially and otherwise, that would be fine. But don't go claiming that you don't need a man, and then live in the house he paid for and support your lifestyle with a check he sends you every month. Or have the government play the same role for you.

If you can support a Murphy Brown lifestyle that's fine I guess. But don't go claiming how independent you are just cause your baby's daddy doesn't live in your house right now.

That's right. 'Cause child support is always lucrative. I know of one case where a guy is getting soaked for something around $300 a week even though his ex remarried. Then there's the other case of a lady I know who's getting $50 a week.

Growing up myself, child support from my dad was always hit or miss. When it came in, which didn't seem all that often, it was a chunk of change. When it didn't, obviously the balance was 0. I'd call that fairly independent.

No one stops to consider that the single life is a valid, and sometimes preferable option to the swag that has been the norm.

I think that's exactly the conclusion the ladies in this article came to, from thrice's description.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1