Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Katherine Kersten Off Kushner Xmas Card List
Post Katherine Kersten Off Kushner Xmas Card List 
http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/onstage/50495007.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUUsZ

Katherine Kersten has issues with lefty playwright Tony Kushner.

She is so ridiculous. She betrays her own motives when she goes from talking about Kushner's "hate speech" against the Pope (please) to discussing how distasteful she finds the content of his work and its themes. She's the one who can't stand anyone who "has the temerity to view the world differently than [s]he does." At least Kushner presents his viewpoint in an artistic, exciting, colorful, provocative, and emotionally evocative way. He is, after all, an internationally recognized artist. She's just a whiny tightass.

For a piece judging art, she came off as very unrefined at the least. One can dislike art, even be offended by art, disagree with art, but to try and say its wrong, is wrong period. Its a violation of free speech, and is therefore anticonstitutional, and in my opinon therefore un-american.

The thruth is in the purchase. I didn't pay for the reading of the Trib's article, and I will refuse to purchase a Startribune as long as Katherine Kersten is writing for them.

I did however, purchase tickets to all three Kushner shows.

"Kushner is given to similar rants against anyone who has the temerity to view the world differently than he does."

That's irony gold.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1