Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Jonathan Sanchez Fairy Tale No Hitter
Post Jonathan Sanchez Fairy Tale No Hitter 

SAN FRANCISCO - Jonathan Sanchez pretty much pulled an all-nighter. A subdued and pleasant one to say the least.

Sanchez and his father, Sigfredo, were up until the wee hours watching highlights and reflecting on the San Francisco lefthander's improbable no-hitter.

"I went to bed like at 4 in the morning," Sanchez said with a smile Saturday. "I got a lot of calls, a lot of messages, text messages. They're still going on."

Through the frustrations of his struggles and a demotion to the bullpen, Sanchez remained steadfast he could be an effective major league pitcher.

Sanchez showed everybody what he could do when he no-hit San Diego in an 8-0 victory Friday, the first no-hitter of 2009 and first by the Giants in nearly 33 years.

What made it even more special for Sanchez was that his dad just happened to have flown in from Puerto Rico to watch his son start for the first time. What a night to choose.

"It's awesome. I can't believe I just threw a no-hitter out there," said the 26-year-old Sanchez (3-Cool. "I've been struggling the whole year. ... Hopefully next start it will get better."

Wow. Talk about "the human drama of athletic competition". What a great day for Sanchez and his proud dad...

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1