Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Podcasts
Post Podcasts 

I'm loading up the ol' iPod for my roadtrip to Kansas this weekend.

Besides This American Life, are there other good podcasts out there that you enjoy?

NPR has several. I like Stuff you missed in history class, and Stuff you should know. Another favorite is The Splendid Table (the show for people who love to eat!) with Lynne Rossetto Kasper. I also listen to Grammary Girl. It delivers short, one-topic grammar lessons that help me brush up on writing skills. I listen to the podcasts during my morning walks.

Would really like to hear some other suggestions from Forum posters too - thanks!

I ended up downloading a couple full-length Bill Maher podcasts--basically just the audio of his TV show. Listened to one on the way down yesterday and laughed myself silly (his main guest was Larry King). I have another to listen to on my way back up on Monday. I also got some episodes of NPR's Planet Money, which seems pretty cool--all about economics. I got some RadioLab and The Moth, both of which were suggested to me by friends. An episode of the BBC's Arts and Ideas (I was listening to that one when I got pulled over for speeding in Iowa--sigh. 80 on the Interstate is such a crime??)

There's a lot of good stuff out there! Makes driving for 7 hours much more pleasant than listening to the same old song playlists over and over.

Post Great idea 

I'm going to download a few Bill Maher podcasts, just for "stand in line" humor. Thanks for the idea.

RadioLab turned out to be one of my favorites. Highly recommended if you're into science and ideas and interesting ways of looking at the world!

The Nutrition Diva and Savage Love are also winners.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1