Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
The Finder Forum
Post The Finder Forum 
Why do you come to the Mpls Finder Forum? Is it to catch up on news, see what other people are talking about, get ideas for restaurants or local events and entertainment, discuss things you feel passionately about, ask for advice or input...? What would you like to see more of? What would you like to see less of? How could this site be more useful or relevant for you?

I come to the Finder Forum to discuss topics I care about with people who usually disagree with me or have differing view points. I like to hear other people's opinions. I would like to see more discussion of topics, and less of blatant dismissals with arguments (or one sentence) that have no substance of why they differ in opinion.

I like to read the restaurant reviews but check those at a far less frequency than the Politics, News, and What's On Your Mind threads.

I think this site could be more useful if more people participated in discussion. It seems like there are a handful of users who post frequently but it would make discussions more interesting with more voices I think. On the same note, when a headline from a news source is posted, it doesn't really spark conversation unless there is a specific question asked or an interesting point highlighted. I'm not trying to discredit how things are done now, I'm just trying to offer some advice.

I agree with BrewskiBri. She expressed my viewpoint very well. The categories I regularly look at are Politics, News, What's on Your Mind, and Food and Drink. I enjoy reading posts that reflect viewpoints with which I differ, but I have been offended by some posts that (to me) are biased and dismissive. I look to the Forum for thoughtful, rational, reaonable discourse, especially with local issues. Sometimes I find that in a thread. More often, I do not. When I see the same posters expressing their predictably narrow opinions, I tune out.

I visit the MFF a few times every day. I will continue to do so.

I appreciate today's question!

I visit to check up on news, mostly to see a little bit of other viewpoints on local issues. I read the forum fairly regularly, but post much less often - I don't usually do so, but once in a while I have a point that I feel must be made.

I'm just here to rock the boat. 'Cause I'm a jerk. Smile

Post Come to the Forum 
I come to the forum to get new ideas. To see how creative some people are with their questions and comments. Sometimes I marvel at the length some people will go to get their point across.

Post Another reason 
Sometimes I come to the forum just to spout off. Like today:
Why does Wilfy think people of MN will buy him a new stadium? Is he nuts, or what. How can someone so stupid have so much money? It goes to show you Julia Child was right when she said:
“See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time.”

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1