Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Gay Breakups Complicated
Post Gay Breakups Complicated 
http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/family/52002432.html?elr=KArks7PYDiaK7DUHPYDiaK7DUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUr

Gay couples are unhappy to find that when they break up, oftentimes each party gets a lawyer, battle endlessly, argue over stupid and minor issues, and wind up seeing their equity in common property eaten up in legal fees.

News flash, Rainbow Warriors- getting divorced for straight married people is frequently just like that. Be careful what you wish for. I do like the idea, though, that the courts consider you to be equally fit as far as parenting and custody. If you do get marriage rights in Minnesota, bring that idea over with you, and eliminate the gender biased situation we have now.

Last edited by thrice on Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Re: Gay Breakups Complicated 
thrice wrote:
If you do get marriage rights in Minnesota, bring that idea over with you, and eliminate the gender biased situation we have now.

This.

Minnesota is all too willing to forget the facts of a situation to make sure a kid stays with their mom in the event of a divorce. My friend's dad had a pretty long legal battle for custody of his kid. He is a freelance musician and OBVIOUSLY wouldn't be able to take proper care of his kid. My friend's mom on the other hand was an uncontrollable and violent alcoholic.

Post Re: Gay Breakups Complicated 
thrice wrote:
http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/family/52002432.html?elr=KArks7PYDiaK7DUHPYDiaK7DUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUr

Gay couples are unhappy to find that when they break up, oftentimes each party gets a lawyer, battle endlessly, argue over stupid and minor issues, and wind up seeing their equity in common property eaten up in legal fees.

News flash, Rainbow Warriors- getting divorced for straight married people is frequently just like that. Be careful what you wish for. I do like the idea, though, that the courts consider you to be equally fit as far as parenting and custody. If you do get marriage rights in Minnesota, bring that idea over with you, and eliminate the gender biased situation we have now.

You are such an idiot, thrice.

Why don't you read the article before commenting on it?

Gay couples aren't "surprised" that lawyers have to get involved when relationships end - the point was that because there are no marriage rights in this state, separation of legal assets is handled by numerous courts rather than one divorce court.

Thank you for reminding me why this forum is a waste of time.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1