Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Camping up north
Post Camping up north 

I think my boyfriend and I are going to attempt a last minute camping trip this weekend in the great north woods. I'd love to end up on the North Shore, but the odds of finding cheap campgrounds with availability at this late date are slim to none. A few state parks that have availability for this weekend are: Big Bog, Scenic, and Schoolcraft. Is anyone familiar with any of those?

We just want to relax, do some hiking, maybe some swimming, outdoor cooking...all that good stuff.

Anyone have any good suggestions for last-minute northern getaways?

Hey-o! Nevermind! I managed to find a campground that had a cancellation this morning and has one campsite available for Fri-Sun, right on the shore of Lake Superior!! WIN!

So, what's fun to do in Two Harbors? Very Happy

http://www.bettyspies.com/

Check out Betty's Pies, stroll the beaches for agates, and check out the rock shops along the highway for some really cool stones from all over, including the North Shore.

Check, double check and tripple check that you pack your swimmin' suit. It's supposed to be pretty hot this weekend. Lake Superior should feel pretty awesome in 97 degree weather.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1