Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
MO Woman Charged With Running Fake Sex Ad For Teen
Post MO Woman Charged With Running Fake Sex Ad For Teen 
http://tinyurl.com/nm2w7d

A Missouri woman faces felony charges for creating a fake Craigslist ad offering a teen she had been quarreling with as available for sexual encounters with ad readers. The victim is the daughter of her ex husband's girlfriend. Her lawyer says the incident was minor and doesn't justify the felony charge.

I wouldn't call the incident minor. But felony? Come on.

We've got real criminals out there. This one should be a civil issue.

I imagine that will be the second half of the one-two punch.

Guess I could go either way on this. It seems like overkill, but on the other hand the law was relatively toothless when another grown Midwestern woman drove a clinically depressed young teen girl to hang herself over Internet badgering. The civil process is only a deterrent to people with something more to lose than a doublewide and a Chiapet collection.

Double wides are pretty nice...Just sayin'. Smile

In this case, no one was physically harmed.

If the advertisement led to the girl being stalked and raped or whatever, then bring on the felony charges with my full blessing.

But just the advertisement? It doesn't do it for me.

Y'know normally I might agree with you X. But we need to take in to account that the Internet is a pretty dangerous place. Craig's List especially so. It is beyond irresponsible to let one's frustrations with one's children lead you to making a post offering them up on an Internet board. That's saying nothing about offering up someone else's kid from another marriage on an Internet board. I'd be pissed as all get out if an employee at the daycare I will someday have to frequent makes a post about my kid on Craig's List. You best bet there will be blood should such a scenario arise.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1