Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Psychologists Examine Gay Relationship With Religion
Post Psychologists Examine Gay Relationship With Religion 
http://tinyurl.com/nzxua2

Psychologists are looking at the role that religion plays in the emotional health of gay people, and considering ways to reconcile religious beliefs and sexual orientation.

"The suggestion was as a Christian, when your conscience comes in conflict with what's going on in your life—temptations, attractions, concerns, whatever they happen to be—that what you simply do is jettison your standards so that it becomes easier to live with your temptations."

This is said as though people struggling with homsexuality and faith are the only people who may change churches to avoid guilty feelings about who they are. People change churches due to divorce/remarriage, affairs, children with drug problems, etc.

Church congregations are like a hallway in a junior high school - full of gossip. Many people struggle with their faith and their "temptations" all the time. Just the other day, a Catholic girl who is a virgin and attempting to live a chaste life was telling me about her "crisis of faith" which, to put it bluntly, amounted to little more than "I'm horny and tired of being a virgin."

It seemed a pretty weak argument to me...

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1