Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Leroy Carhart New Focus Of Operation Rescue
Post Leroy Carhart New Focus Of Operation Rescue 
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/08/27/nebraska.abortion.protests/index.html

Dr. Leroy Carhart of Omaha, who says he has performed over 60,000 abortions, is the planned focus of Operation Rescue anti-abortion protests.

This guy makes Charles Manson look like a Sunday School teacher...

Post Manson and associates killed people 
Carhart doesn't, which makes your assertion laughable.

"Carhart has vowed to open an office in Kansas and said he'll keep doing abortions as long as he's healthy. He said he's performed more than 60,000 abortions in the past two decades. About 400 of those were after 24 weeks, he said"

that's more than 12 babies a day, assuming a 5 day work week and taking 2 weeks a year off for holidays, vacation, training in the newest methods of baby killing, etc

Post baby killing is a misnomer 
At what stage in development do you think the embryo becomes a "baby"?

Suppose you were in a fertility clinic when a fire broke out and you believed you could save either a one year-old baby or a tray holding a hundred human embryo "babies." Which would you save?

Post Re: baby killing is a misnomer 
OdinofAzgard wrote:

Suppose you were in a fertility clinic when a fire broke out and you believed you could save either a one year-old baby or a tray holding a hundred human embryo "babies." Which would you save?

right back at ya - you tell me at what stage you think the baby is finally a human

If by "a human, " you mean a human being, none of the above. Is there some reason you can't answer my hypothetical?

38 weeks is full term.

OdinofAzgard wrote:

I'll chime in and say a one year old baby. I'm not afraid to say it's because I identify with the baby more than a collective bunch of cells that may decide to self abort at any one of many different stages along the way to becoming a baby I can identify with.

OdinofAzgard wrote:

Chiming in on this one since you've requested, I would also save the (one year old) baby.

I would also save the (one year old) baby.

Why? Why save one baby instead of the hundred?

"tray of embryos" is much different than "embryo implanted in a mom and on his way to the rest of his life"

The embryos in petri dishes on a tray aren't on their way to the rest of their lives in your philosophy? Is an implanted embryo more of a baby than an unimplanted one? Are the embryos on the tray "babies"?

If the implanted embryo is on its way to the rest of its life, when did its life begin?

The embryos in petri dishes on a tray aren't on their way to the rest of their lives in your philosophy? Is an implanted embryo more of a baby than an unimplanted one? Are the embryos on the tray "babies"?

If the implanted embryo is on its way to the rest of its life, when did its life begin?

who knows what's going to happen with this tray? these kids have no hope for life unless or until implanted.

until they're implanted in a woman, they've got no hope at all of making it on their own. they're human. they're babies if you like. but in this convoluted scenerio, I would certainly save the one who can make it on his own as long as you provide him the basics that most babies get.

Post In my philosophy . . . 
. . . there are no headless, bloodless, braiinless babies or kids. In yours, if the placenta continues growing but the fetus doesn't, at what point does it stop being a baby/kid? In some of those cases, the placenta absorbs the fetus and develops into a cancerous tumor that may metastasize to other parts of the woman's body. Still a baby/kid?

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1