Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
What A Deal
Post What A Deal 
http://www.usnews.com/blogs/alpha-consumer/2008/06/10/top-5-money-saving-websites.html?s_cid=related-links:TOP

Here's a link to 8 top web sites offering discounts and deal shopping for consumers.

What's the best bargain you've found lately?

I went tubing on the Cannon Falls river with some friends and there was a little shop near the parking area that was selling used clothing. I got a great sweater and a cozy long-sleeved shirt for $5!

I picked up some Logitech headsets off of Newegg.com. They're $30 in the store. $18 on Newegg. Also got 2x 512 megabyte strips of memory from Newegg for $10 cheaper than 1x 512 megabyte strip of the exact same brand from a brick and mortar Office Depot.

I really like to support the local economy when I can. But it's just not feasible when it comes to tech. Tech is so much more expensive in stores.

Which reminds me if you're looking to upgrade your laptop, Newegg has a nice Acer on sale for $350. It's not one of the netbooks, it's a full size laptop. They even managed to figure out how to comfortably fit a 10 key on to the laptop keyboard. The 2x 512 meg strips of memory I bought were for my wife's 5 year old Acer. Breathed new life in to it. It'll probably last us another 3 or 4 years at this rate. Purchased for about $500, which was about as low as you could go 5 years ago.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1