Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
The dark age of unreason, superstition and stupidity.
Post The dark age of unreason, superstition and stupidity. 
Had a conversation with a someone who is related to me.

Quote:

Person 1: is wondering if we'll ever go to the moon.

Me: Been there. Turns out it's rock, not cheese. We came back, had better things to do, did them, lost the plans for the Saturn 5, became dependent on the Russians to do all heavy lifting to the space station and are now sulking in a corner resembling a crushed shell of a man who used to be a high school football star 25 years ago. Depressing, ain't it? Smile

Person 1: I dont think we went to the moon.

Me: No? We just cased some people up in a rocket and sent them to orbit the earth for a few days? Awful expensive endeavor just to say "Ha ha! Fooled you!" later on. And inevitably the rocket would have passed over the USSR who would have been the butt of such a joke. A simple recording from a fairly basic telescope would've allowed the USSR to say, "Ha ha! No you didn't!" except in whatever crazy language they speak. Smile

Person 1: I dont think we went to the moon.

This is kind of disturbing to me for a couple of reasons. First off, this whole disbelief in the Lunar Landing thing becoming bigger really showcases that America is quickly sliding in to a dark age of unreason, superstition and stupidity. Secondly, the lack of argument, even a weak argument...Well I suppose that falls under the dark age of unreason and/or stupidity. Why is it that people will adamantly believe something and then refuse to even try to defend their belief. It would seem that they think if they say something enough and believe hard enough, that makes it real.

Anyone else seeing unreason of this level?

--Obama is Muslim
--Obama isn't really American-born
--Health care reform = death panels
--God wants America to be the most powerful nation on earth

It's all over the damn place.

Post This Guy Agrees 
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/10/07/avlon.civility/index.html

Wrote a book on how American politics on both ends is being hijacked by the extremists.

--Obama isn't really American-born

I hear the latest is that they want to see his penis. If he was circumcised that means he was born in America, 'cause that's what we do here in America. ... So I'm told anyways. Laughing

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1