Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Steven Sheffield Goes Nutso On KSU
Post Steven Sheffield Goes Nutso On KSU 
Daily Toreodor:

Texas Tech coach Mike Leach is in a bit of a quandary in regards to his top two signal-callers.
Quarterback Steven Sheffield went 33-of-41 for 490 yards and seven touchdowns in his first start to lead Tech in a 66-14 victory Saturday at Jones AT&T Stadium.
The performance comes on the heels of last weeks win against New Mexico, when Sheffield replaced an injured Potts and jump started a lagging offense.
In my eyes, yes, said Sheffield, who was referring to if hes earned the starting role. But its not my decision. Its up to the coaches.
By halftime against KSU, Sheffield had five touchdowns and 370 yards passing both school records and had the Red Raiders sitting pretty with a 38-0 lead.
His seven touchdowns was one shy of the school record, set by B.J. Symons in 2003 and its the second time a Tech quarterback has thrown for that many scores this season. Potts did it against Rice in Week 2.
Sheffield led Tech to eight touchdowns on its first 10 possessions.

Geez, this guy might look pretty good in purple in a couple of years. But then again, the last time I was smitten by a skinny lights-out college quarterback, it was Rex Grossman, and we all know how well that worked out in the NFL...

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1