Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Smoking Everywhere e-cigarette
Post Smoking Everywhere e-cigarette 

www.smokingeverywhere.com

Ok, so I'm a dummy. I ordered (via an ad in USA Today) a free trial E-cigarette from Smoking Everywhere over the Internet. And no, I apparently didn't read all the fine print in their confusing online ordering process. Naturally they provide you no copy of what you are agreeing to, typical of Internet scammers.

Turns out that the $9.99 I paid was for shipping only, and that if I didn't return the item to them within 14 days, my credit card would be charged another $100. Needless to say, although I rather liked the item, I returned it, because this deal didn't smell good at all.

Fast forward to this week. After hearing nothing from Smoking Everywhere, and seeing no charge on my card, I got another package from them containing 2 boxes of filter refills and an invoice for $18 marked "Paid"- presumably with my credit card- and the notation "monthly refill".

Oh, isn't that special. I HATE THESE SCAM ARTISTS. This will be another interesting adventure.

Last edited by thrice on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post Smoking Everywhere Credit Card Scam 

http://www.trustlink.org/BusinessProfile.aspx?ID=206034677

Numerous complaints from customers scammed by Smoking Everywhere using unauthorized charges on their credit cards and refusing refunds.

Post Smoking Everywhere 

Me= Fool

I thought I had missed out on this scam. I checked my credit card statement repeatedly and saw nothing from Smoking Everywhere.

Wishful thinking. I had stupidly used my debit card to pay for the "free trial". Now I see two unauthorized charges on the card for a total of nearly $120. As a result, I have had to cancel my card to stop further charges, and will commence the dispute process tomorrow.

Smoking Everywhere=thieving bastards

sorry about your trouble

we've been through this one before but here I go again

debit card = not much protection for you

credit card = lots of protection for you, charge back for merchant, not much fun for him

Post Smoking Everywhere Crooks 

What slimeballs these guys are.

I ordered their e-cigarette trial in September.

I received shipment on 10/23, with an invoice dated 10/20, and notice that the product must be returned in 14 days or I would be charged in full.

The charge for the full cost of the e-cigarette was charged to my bank account 10/16, 4 days before it was even shipped.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1