Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
POP! Sunday Brunch
Post POP! Sunday Brunch 
POP! Weekend Brunch (NE Minneapolis location. Doi)

The girlfriend and I had decided to give this one a go after passing their advert "Now Serving Sunday Brunch" (and since the dumb place is only a few blocks from my home.) Having been previously impressed with their lunch/dinner menu, we were intrigued as to how breakfast options would hold up. (In addition to being surprised at their menu, as they don't have the brunch menu posted on their website)

The options were fairly limited and there weren't too many choices that seemed overly ambitious so we decided on trying the two things that seemed the most complex: The gigante breakfast burrito for me and Banana's Foster French Toast for her.

Your meal starts with a small cup filled with cinnamon donut holes made fresh on site (tasty) before your meal arrives. And I think here is where I should mention the portion sizes: Huge. The French Toast was thick, sweet, and served with sliced banana and covered with a carmel pecan glaze. (Which was requested on the side) My burrito was larger than what you'd find at Chipotle and stuffed to the brim with egg, cheese, black beans, onion, and pulled pork. I literally only was able to consume about a third of it before asking for a box, and it was quite good.

Final Thoughts-Most menu options float around the $10 range and neither of us ordered coffee or a bloody. (Bloody beer, mind you. POP! doesn't have a liquor license) And you definitely get your monies worth in terms of portionage, however we both agreed that it wasn't going to be a place we clamour over each other to return to any time soon (our server seemed to blanche a little when asked if the carmelized pecan could be served on the side), but both agreed it was worthy of a general recommendation regardless.

If you go:

POP! Brunch
Sundays only, 10 am- 2pm
2859 Johnson Street NE (The Southeast corner of 29th and Johnson next to Sarah Jane's bakery)
Cost: $$ (Dishes hover around the $9.95 mark)
http://www.poprestaurant.com/

Menu items include: Gigante Breakfast Burrito, Bananas Foster French Toast, 2 Eggs/Bacon/Toast/Hashbrowns, Biscuits and Gravy, Breakfast Sandwich with egg/sausage/cheese served on thick sliced sourdough bread. Some limited lunch options are available, and there is a childrens menu as well. (They'll bring your young'uns crayons and a coloring book as well)

Juices, Coffee, Tea, Soda, Wine, and Beer are the only beverage options available.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1