Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Left Behind video game: this is Christian???
Post Left Behind video game: this is Christian??? 
http://www.alternet.org/story/45767/

Check out this piece on the Left Behind video game that just came out.

Users can kill heathens, destroy NYC, and generally revel in their own saintliness.

What better way to celebrate the birth of Jesus than to simulate killing people in his name?

And, um, this differentiates Christians from extremist, violent Muslims how exactly?

Post Smiting for points 
I actually don't consider this a Christian game, but rather a game that trys to trade on the emothions of Christians to make a profit. The game itself is based on a bestselling book series, not directly on the Bible.

Poor taste, folks, but hardly startling or noteworthy.

Post Re: Left Behind video game: this is Christian??? 
dorajar wrote:
http://www.alternet.org/story/45767/

Check out this piece on the Left Behind video game that just came out.

Users can kill heathens, destroy NYC, and generally revel in their own saintliness.

What better way to celebrate the birth of Jesus than to simulate killing people in his name?

And, um, this differentiates Christians from extremist, violent Muslims how exactly?

Good times

Wow! I was all ready to enjoy slamming the "Left Behind" folks for being easily manipulated morons who have no idea of what Christianity is all about, but then I got waylaid by the writer. Seriously, what is wrong with this guy? I'd put $100 up that says he hasn't interacted in a significant way with anyone outside of the whatever liberal intolerant conclave he calls home in a dozen years. He's like the perfect foil to the morons behind the Left Behind folks - it's hard to know which one is more vile. In the end, I suppose I have to come down harder on the Left Behind folks as since they claim to be Christians they should really know better. I'm also repulsed by the money making focus of the Christian marketing establishment. How many poor people around the world (you know the people Jesus sought out and talked to and about the most) can afford video games, $20 CD's, $100 tickets to various conferences and concerts, $25 for the latest books, not to mention all the right t-shirts, wall hangings, jewelry and coffee mugs needed to seperate one's self from the heathens? Jesus would be beyond disgusted. What a shame and what a terrible witness for a God who is so good! Blegh!

Post Ummmm... 
"And, um, this differentiates Christians from extremist, violent Muslims how exactly?"

Well, let's throw in the descriptors to compare apples to apples, shall we?

"this differentiates extremist, violent Christians from extremist, violent Muslims how exactly?"

This differentiates them not at all. In real life, well, it illustrates that they harbor violent fantasies. Primary real life difference is that I haven't heard of any cases recently of Christians going to the Middle East and blowing up busloads of babies and grannies to call attention to their grievances. Or any high rise buildings full of office workers either. Nor publicly declaring that their religion and God command them to- with little or no objection from their more "moderate" bretheren. Maybe that's the difference.

Last edited by thrice on Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
It's all about making a buck. LEFT BEHIND as a videogame is no different than Christmas as a holiday... crassly commercial.

I have a couple friends who are Christian and are basically buying into a so-called health-food/vitamin scam. If the company were owned by Proctor and Gamble, they'd see it for the sham company it is.

But the owners slap the "we're a Christian company" label on it, and their brains go out the window. They're totally bought and paid for by the company... I like to joke that if someone started a Christian Strip Club, they'd be the first to invest. "Why, these dancers are nice, Christian girls shaking their nice, Christian boobies."

Okay, maybe not...

At times like this, I'm glad I'm not a mainstream believer anymore....

Post Re: Ummmm... 
thrice wrote:
"And, um, this differentiates Christians from extremist, violent Muslims how exactly?"

Well, let's throw in the descriptors to compare apples to apples, shall we?

"this differentiates extremist, violent Christians from extremist, violent Muslims how exactly?"

This differentiates them not at all. In real life, well, it illustrates that they harbor violent fantasies. Primary real life difference is that I haven't heard of any cases recently of Christians going to the Middle East and blowing up busloads of babies and grannies to call attention to their grievances. Or any high rise buildings full of office workers either. Nor publicly declaring that their religion and God command them to- with little or no objection from their more "moderate" bretheren. Maybe that's the difference.

There are no known Christian terrorist groups, suicide bombers…

This video game if it’s even real seems to portray expected events from the bible.[/b]

Mike Adams blows the whistle on a murder-minded liberal racist in academia. His name is Dr. Kamau Kambon, an affiliated faculty instructor at NC State University.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOcUKUSWpe8&mode=related&search=

Prior to his call for genocide against white people, Kambon, who owns Blacknific[e]nt Books in Raleigh, told the panel that “we are at war.” He said that white people had set up an "international plantation" for blacks, which made “every white person on earth a plantation master.” He said that, “You’re either supporting white people in their process of death, or you're for African liberation.”

He stressed one point in particular. “White people want to kill us. I want you to understand that. They want to kill you,” he said. “They want to kill you because that is part of their plan.”

Kambon closed his remarks by urging participants and C-SPAN viewers to "get very serious and not be diverted from coming up with a solution to the problem, and the problem on the planet is white people."

Before teaching at NCSU, Kambon was a professor of education at St. Augustine's College in Raleigh, a historically black institution. He was given a Citizen's Award in 1999 by the Triangle’s left-wing newspaper, The Independent Weekly. Ironically, Kambon is also an opponent of the death penalty.

Post No, a New Catagory Is Created 
DB-
No, he's not a terrorist. He is unlikely to come out of the protection of the Ivory Tower of Academia long enough to be dangerous to anybody.

He is part of an entirely new catagory. Like Ward Churchill, he hurls insults, makes threats, and foments hate against the very government and society that hand him a generous paycheck every two weeks. A highly profitable scam, to be sure.

He is part terrorist (or would have you think so). He is part parasite.

He is a Terro-Site.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1