Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Morning Show
Post Morning Show 
What morning show(s) do you listen to?

None. I cannot stomach teenage boy style humor before noon. It's the CD player or silence for me.

Post Tom Bernard - KQ92 
For a while, I listened to Tom Bernard at KQ92. Thought he was funny sometimes, but his show can be very gross as well. I hated it when they played sounds of people throwing up and passing gas. That was too much for a morning start.

I sometimes listen to MPR, but it is very boring. So, I am looking for something worth listening in the morning.

Post Tom Bernard - KQ92 
WhatsUp wrote:
For a while, I listened to Tom Bernard at KQ92. Thought he was funny sometimes, but his show can be very gross as well. I hated it when they played sounds of people throwing up and passing gas. That was too much for a morning start.

Tom Bernard has the balls to insult everyone, which is very rare. He can be funny, but I agree his show's taste is way too low sometimes. All the weird things he talks about can tickle your funny bone once or twice, but the third time, it's boring.

I's rather listen to some music in my office to start off the day.

Usually whatever is on KFAN or KTLK. Sports or politics...

I normally start out with KQRS until the morning show is over then I turn to Dan Conry on 100.3 but I would listen to Bob Davis if I could on AM 1500 and after he is done I would go to AM 1500 and listen to Tommy Mischke but my work truck doesn’t get AM radio so I listen to 100.3 Rush or whoever and sometimes I listen to 91.1 NPR. Later in the day I listen to Joe on garage Logic.

So many smart conservatives so little time.

I like to listen to KQRS in the morning, mainly...but if I get up late I miss it. I think the variety of people in the studio is good, each one is funny or brings something to the table that is fun to listen to.

Tommy B can be really opinionated plus he is a fair weather Minnesotan... which if you are going to live in MN and be on the TV or radio, cut the complaining. If it's below 80 degrees he whines. To him I say, "MOVE TO FLORIDA YOU JERK!"

The only other thing I hate about that show is some of the bathroom/gross-out humor they will have on there, which tends to happen the MOST at the time I'm trying to eat breakfast.

Otherwise it's usually pretty funny. I miss some of the older 'drops' they used to use "Don't say like dat" and "OK BEND OVER!" ...I'm kind of tired of some of the newer ones that get overplayed "EXACTLY" and "Nish nish"

Post Morning Show. 
I listen to KQ from 5:30 to about 9:20 (Have been for the last two years) then switch over to KFAN for the rest of the day. Sometimes Tom Barnard irks the hell out of me, but most of the time it's hilarious. And Brian Zepp has an evil sounding voice.

I listen to "A Balanced Breakfast with Ian and Margery" on 107.1 FM. They're a married couple. He does the show from the studio, and she has a studio in their home so she can be there to make sure their kids get ready and off to school (if it's her turn for the car pool, she's gone from the show for about a half hour).

They discuss items from the news, or reactions to TV shows from the previous night, like American Idol, etc. It's pretty intelligent in comparison to other FM morning shows, and Ian was in the seminary and has a faithful, yet open to discussion, attitude about many things.

Post Varies 
In one car, the radio doesn't work, so I think and take notes during my drive.

In the other, I usually listen to the KSTP morning talk with Jay Kohls and Willie Clark. They annoyed me initially, but I'm enjoying them, and Ken Olson the traffic guy is a hoot. He used to team up with Bob Yates years ago and it was hilarious radio. Apparently Bob is not the easiest guy in the world to get along with, as ex wife Kevin Burger might attest, so he has done some job hopping.

Some of the best radio can be weekend fillins or subs.

I HIGHLY recommend "The Polichicks" on KSTP 1500, Sunday mornings from 7-10 am.
Annette Meeks and Cathie Hartnett are the two most knowledgeable political commentators I've ever heard together on Minnesota radio. Both have extensive experience working directly in the inner circles of the Republicans and Democrats respectively, and approach things from a pragmatic "this is how it works" perspective instead of spouting dogma. While either one can tilt a little to the left or right by themselves, together they balance each other out, and that works nicely.

And- GASP- they're nice and respectful to each other. What a concept!

...r and sometimes I listen to 91.1 NPR....So many smart conservatives so little time.

DB,

While I like some of your listening schedule, where on NPR is there a single "smart conservative" to be found? It's like saying you listen to Air America for the conservative commentary they provide... it's nonexistent.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1