Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
How long does it take you to earn a $1000
Post How long does it take you to earn a $1000 
I spotted one of those Onion-esque sidebars in a Time that that encapsulates the mysteries of life on half a page. The caption at the top asked: “How much time at work does it take to make a $1000?

Now, I’m just as curious as anyone else. Although I wasn’t shocked at the numbers I read, thought you might be interested in what they revealed. To make a cool grand while working for the man, the following spend this much time:
Howard Stern- 24 seconds
Dr Phil- 2 min, 42 seconds
Brad Pitt 4 min, 48 seconds
Kobe Bryant 5 min, 30 seconds (Does date rape count as “working”?)
As for the regular working stiffs in America:
Doctor (G.P.) 13 hours, 5 minutes
Cop/Teacher 43 Hours
Farmer 57 Hours (Yet must feel longer while listening to the country station while plowing the back-forty)
Janitor 103 Hours

Note that “Time Sidebar Editor” wasn’t included among this list. Neither was “Drug Dealer”…

So, how long does it take you to make a $1000.00?

Twisted Evil Housewife : a week and a blowjob. Two, if it's a short week. Cool

Post $1000.00 
Social Service Program Coordinator serving our community's disabled population..... $1000 in 70 hours.

***Still, not as long as it takes for you to get back to me with a phone call, email, smoke signal, wire, Morse code, or even a text message, my darling Padre.

BAM!

What counts as working? Is it just the time in the game? Is it just when students are in front of the teacher? Many jobs are lifestyles. In which case the amount of time would be much greater to earn a grand. To me the yearly salary is more telling, especially for lifestyle jobs.

Anyone up for some redistribution? Not direct of course, that would bread entitlement.

I agree with splurtageous....too damned long...and that's not even counting the tax part of it.

40 - 50 hours as a nanny for ONE kid and that is tax free........ straight cash. Plus parents pay for gas, incidentals, outings, blah blah -- But, when teaching ( 20 - 30 children ), it takes anywhere from 67-75 hours to make a grand. Plus a majority of that $$ goes back into re-educating or continuing my education as a teacher so I can then make more money.
hhhmmmm................

Hi Andy!!!

Jesus, the more I read about others' pay scale, the more I realize that I'm going to ride the poverty-line until I die!! Holy crap! It takes me over 75 hours to make $1000.00. And I work at a frigging bank! I suppose when you figure I'm in the Middle of Nowhere (a fine place to hide), that being central Wisconsin, I guess pay is relative. I imagine if I had the same job in Madison I'd pull in almost twice what I make now.

In the end, if you die with money you surely can't spend it, and who says you have to leave your kids any money when you die? "I got an idea, why don't I work my ass off and save a bunch of money, and when I'm dead, my lucky no-good slacker kid will inherit all my hard earned money." I don't think so.

68.82 hours, before taxes.

You are over paid especially since it’s my tax money.

dorajar wrote:

db, surely you're not employable. You can't possibly be paying any taxes. I'm pretty sure you're writing from a home for the mentally disabled, which I'm paying for with MY tax dollars. Rolling Eyes

100% of our income taxes goes to pay off the federal debt. Not one cent goes towards government services. This video is top notch.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4312730277175242198&q=america%3A+freedom+to+fascism

dbthinking wrote:
dorajar wrote:

db, surely you're not employable. You can't possibly be paying any taxes. I'm pretty sure you're writing from a home for the mentally disabled, which I'm paying for with MY tax dollars. Rolling Eyes

I have made more money for more people then you ever will tree hugger

16.66 Hours giving massage (if I ever actually got around to charging)

20.83 Hours working my programming job.. (before taxes)

106.66 Hours working my average sound gig.. (tax free)

5 months working for the author of this column.. that is if he ever actually got around to paying me!

-Dogg

40 - 50 hours as a nanny for ONE kid and that is tax free........ straight cash.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but being paid in cash isn't really "tax free". You, and your employer, are de-frauding the government if neither of you is reporting those funds.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1