Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Muslim Respect for Secular Law?- Not!
Post Muslim Respect for Secular Law?- Not! 
http://www.startribune.com/535/story/902019.html

Another example of how radical Islamists answer to a higher power than governments or courts. Read about the 21st Century lynch mob, Indonesian style. Coming soon to a courthouse near you!

Oof. Yep. Disturbing. I absolutely loathe the idea of theocracy, be it Muslim, Christian, or otherwise. Please, please, keep church and state separate.

Post No Arguement There, Dora 
I would just be interested to know what would happen if a group of fundamentalist Christians tried to storm a courthouse trying a case that they had interest in.

Guess #1- the Mayor, Governor, or Judge would beg them to behave and respect the proceedings

Guess #2- they would be hauled away to jail in handcuffs in about 30 seconds

Post Re: No Arguement There, Dora 
thrice wrote:
I would just be interested to know what would happen if a group of fundamentalist Christians tried to storm a courthouse trying a case that they had interest in.

Guess #1- the Mayor, Governor, or Judge would beg them to behave and respect the proceedings

Guess #2- they would be hauled away to jail in handcuffs in about 30 seconds

Yes. Not because Christians have any more innate respect for secular law than Muslims do. No. But thankfully we have groups in this country like the ACLU, which work diligently, despite the vitriol, misapprehensions, and hate hurled at it, to ensure that our nation lives up to the highest, most challenging tenets of democracy, such as the firm separation of Church and State.

A lot of Muslims (even the nonterrorist sort) are advocating that Shariah (sp?) law be instituted in the US, establishing basically one court system for Muslims, another for everyone else.

It's an insane idea, even though it's coming from otherwise sane Muslims.

A lot of Muslims (even the nonterrorist sort) are advocating that Shariah (sp?) law be instituted in the US, establishing basically one court system for Muslims, another for everyone else.

It's an insane idea, even though it's coming from otherwise sane Muslims.

i'm sure the ACLU will defend their right to have their own court system

I threw out those alternatives tongue in cheek. It seems laughable to me that a judge or a government official would beg a threatening mob not to enter a courtroom by force. There is no question whatsoever that anyone who tried to enter or take over a US courtroom by force would be promptly arrested.
We cannot and will not let a private group bully and coherce the duly elected government of the people. Clearly this philosophy is not adhered to by civil governments in many Muslim countries, where religious edict trumps all human-made law and fanatics will observe the "by whatever means necessary" rule to reach their goals.

I always found the Malcolm X quote

"Our objective is complete freedom, justice and equality by any means necessary."

to be very interesting. Every T shirt I ever saw sold bearing that slogan showed a photo of Malcolm X clutching a rifle...

Last edited by thrice on Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Re: ! 
thrice wrote:
Dora-
I threw out those alternatives tongue in cheek. It seems laughable to me that a judge or a government official would beg a threatening mob not to enter a courtroom by force. There is no question whatsoever that anyone who tried to enter or take over a US courtroom by force would be promptly arrested.

Yeah, I got that thrice. Laughing I was responding to your underlying statement of "Naturally they would be arrested toute de suite." I was saying, "yes, because our country thankfully still has enough secular sensibility to keep the loonies marginalized."

Oof. Yep. Disturbing. I absolutely loathe the idea of theocracy, be it Muslim, Christian, or otherwise. Please, please, keep church and state separate.

There is no Christian theocracy movement, and unlike in Islamic teachings our bible says nothing about how we should run our countries or govern them.

You say you loathe a theocracy Muslim, Christian or otherwise well otherwise is liberalism the craziest belief of them all

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1