Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Fire Glen Mason!
Post Fire Glen Mason! 
Glen Mason failed to bring another toilet bowl home. Gophers lost to Texas Tech: 44-41 in overtime.

The score doesn't tell the whole story. Gophers were leading by 31 points at one point, but they blew it, giving Texas a last second field goal to send the game to overtime.

Star Tribune calls this game a "Historic Collapes", which I think is an understatement.

How can you blow a 31-point lead? The answer lies in Glen Mason. Bad Coaching is what this is all about. It is true Mason took the team to quite a few bowl games, but none was worth a dime.

The main reason U of M fired the basketball coach Dan Monson was the game attendance was way low for the last couple of seasons. Not that many people watch the Gophers football anyway. With such a pathetic team and an imcompetent coach, I will be surprised if anyone still cares about it.

Fire Glen Mason if Joel Maturi wants to show his competence!

Post Ooops! 
Maturi showed us his competence last January, when he signed Mason to a 4 year, $1.65 million dollar contract extension through 2010. What in the hell he did to justify an extension is beyond me. To add insult to injury, Mason got a $25,000 bonus for his team's putrid performance in this putrid bowl.

Hey, Dean Zimmerman's got a better mind for being defensive than Mason does- and he'd probably work a lot cheaper too. With time off for good behavior, the boys could be winning one for the Zimmerperson in '08!

Well, well, well ... Glen Mason has been fired by Joel Maturi, who should be fired next!

This is a too little, too late deal by Joel Maturi who is trying to show he is not that incompetent. I bet Glen Mason will walk away with a ton of money.

I don't care why or how Mason was shown the door. I'm just glad it finally happened!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1