Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Market Bar-B-Que
Post Market Bar-B-Que 
As a huge fan of ribs, I try to sample the offerings of any credible restaurant around in my never ending search for the perfect rack. Despite a fair amount of good local competition, I've yet to beat the barbeque served by Minneapolis' own Market Bar-B-Que. Located at 1414 Nicollet Ave S, with a second location in Minnetonka on Wayzata Blvd, it's a classic restaurant plastered with the photos of athletes and entertainers who beat a path to its door when they're in town.

The basic serve at the Market is dry cooked ribs, although you can have them with sauce on if you like. The meat is smoky and tender, although it's not fall off the bone style, which can be a good or bad thing. The spice mix is robust, and tiny black edges tell you that the meat has been exposed to some firing without charring or waste. The house sauces are very good, and the cole slaw superb. Top it all off with a pair of toast slices and some pencil french fries, and you've got a meal that will leave you well satisfied. I cook a pretty fair rack of ribs myself, but I have to admit my best efforts have been when I come close to duplicating the Market's methods.

Good friendly service, off street parking, and a well stocked bar top off a great evening of dining just off the edge of downtown's entertainment. Stop by sometime, and you'll be a fan too.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1