Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
The WICCAN cult
Post The WICCAN cult 
I just watched a movie called the wicker man the other day about this new growing cult wiccans very frightening.

I wonder how long it will be before they start having human sacrifices in real life.

here is some stuff i found on this cult.

While many Wicca cult members offer fruit and vegetable sacrifices to their pagan gods and goddesses, blood offerings and animal or human sacrifices are a part of historic pagan and witchcraft rites. But, it is becoming increasingly frequent in the witch community today.

I have read several accounts and have recorded personal testimonies of individuals who were initiated into witchcraft that incorporated rituals using their own blood. Consider Alex Sanders (1926-1988). He is the father of Alexandrian Wicca. He was initiated into witchcraft using a blood ritual. A witch had "him stand nude in a circle with his head down. She took a sharp razor, cut his scrotum to make it bleed…He was initiated as a third degree, and he became a black magickian."

There are other uses of blood as well. For instance there is a connection between blood and the witches wand. "The most efficacious wand will be made of one of the woods sacred to the White Goddess: elderberry, willow, rowan, hazel, oak or mistletoe." The article goes on to say that the branch is then hollowed out and "filled with cotton wool and brought to life with three drops of the witch's own blood."

The use of blood to facilitate power is not uncommon. One witch told me that they had anointed their divination board with their own blood so as to empower the board.

In the book, "Secrets of the Occult" by C.A. Burland, it talks about groups in south Germany about 1960 who "hunted and decapitated deer for a blood-drinking rite." In fact, there are those who claim to be witches, even Wiccans who do that and worse today.

Consider the case of Wiccan Damien Wayne Echols. He was involved with the ritual murder of Michael Moore, Christopher Byres and Steve Branch. There are those who accused Echols of being a Satanist but Echols asserts that he is a Wiccan. In a search of his home they found a book of spells, potions and prayers which was his book of shadows. It begins with an entry stating "all rites are to be performed within a nine-foot circle." The article goes on to say, "following that, there is a ritual to be used for 'improving' the memory,' which includes using the 'heart, eye or brain of a lapwing or plover (birds) and hanging it on one's neck."

http://logosresourcepages.org/Occult/truth_witches.htm

Last edited by dbthinking on Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Last edited by dbthinking on Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

I love how, in the Wicca diagram, Hilary Clinton is seated at the right hand of Satan.

LOL

That diagram was a joke...right?

Post the other 8% 
Quote:

fact of the month: 62% of democrats supported the civil rights act vs. 92% of the Republicans

To which civil rights act are you referring?

Here's some facts. Reagan and Bush the Elder publicly opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965. Reagan also publicly opposed the Fair Housing Act of 1968.

"I hope I stand for anti-bigotry, anti-Semitism, anti-racism, this is what drives me." -- Bush the Elder

Last edited by dbthinking on Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Re: the other 8% 
OdinofAzgard wrote:
Quote:

fact of the month: 62% of democrats supported the civil rights act vs. 92% of the Republicans

Here's some facts. Reagan and Bush the Elder publicly opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965. Reagan also publicly opposed the Fair Housing Act of 1968.

"I hope I stand for anti-bigotry, anti-Semitism, anti-racism, this is what drives me." -- Bush the Elder

http://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/minute/Civil_Rights_Filibuster_Ended.htm

Without Republicans we would never have been able to end the Democrat fillabuster on the law. I'm not singling out the vote of just one member here buddy.

1964-Present

June 10, 1964
Civil Rights Filibuster Ended

At 9:51 on the morning of June 10, 1964, Senator Robert C. Byrd completed an address that he had begun 14 hours and 13 minutes earlier. The subject was the pending Civil Rights Act of 1964, a measure that occupied the Senate for 57 working days, including six Saturdays. A day earlier, Democratic Whip Hubert Humphrey, the bill's manager, concluded he had the 67 votes required at that time to end the debate.

The Civil Rights Act provided protection of voting rights; banned discrimination in public facilities—including private businesses offering public services—such as lunch counters, hotels, and theaters; and established equal employment opportunity as the law of the land.

As Senator Byrd took his seat, House members, former senators, and others—150 of them—vied for limited standing space at the back of the chamber. With all gallery seats taken, hundreds waited outside in hopelessly extended lines.

Georgia Democrat Richard Russell offered the final arguments in opposition. Minority Leader Everett Dirksen, who had enlisted the Republican votes that made cloture a realistic option, spoke for the proponents with his customary eloquence. Noting that the day marked the 100th anniversary of Abraham Lincoln's nomination to a second term, the Illinois Republican proclaimed, in the words of Victor Hugo, "Stronger than all the armies is an idea whose time has come." He continued, "The time has come for equality of opportunity in sharing in government, in education, and in employment. It will not be stayed or denied. It is here!"

Never in history had the Senate been able to muster enough votes to cut off a filibuster on a civil rights bill. And only once in the 37 years since 1927 had it agreed to cloture for any measure.

The clerk proceeded to call the roll. When he reached "Mr. Engle," there was no response. A brain tumor had robbed California's mortally ill Clair Engle of his ability to speak. Slowly lifting a crippled arm, he pointed to his eye, thereby signaling his affirmative vote. Few of those who witnessed this heroic gesture ever forgot it. When Delaware's John Williams provided the decisive 67th vote, Majority Leader Mike Mansfield exclaimed, "That's it!"; Richard Russell slumped; and Hubert Humphrey beamed. With six wavering senators providing a four-vote victory margin, the final tally stood at 71 to 29. Nine days later the Senate approved the act itself—producing one of the 20th century's towering legislative achievements.

Post Re: the other 8% 
OdinofAzgard wrote:
Quote:

BUSH WASN"T IN CONGRESS UNTIL 1966 so don't try to judge how he would have voted

n 1964, Bush won the Republican Party's nomination for the U.S. Senate from Texas. His opponent was the incumbent Democratic Senator Ralph Yarborough. Yarborough made several personal attacks against Bush, calling him a "tool of the eastern kingmakers" and a right-wing extremist. Bush lost the general election.

Bush did not give up on elective politics and was elected in 1966 to the United States House of Representatives from the 7th District of Texas, defeating Democrat Frank Briscoe with 57% of the vote. Despite being a first-term congressman, Bush was appointed to the powerful House Ways

As to the original post, GROW UP.

You should no more believe the idea the Wicca is evolved from devil worship than you should believe in the Easter Bunny or that the Catholic Church is the Mother of All Lies for raising Mary to her current exhalted status.

And just a little info: in order to worship Satan, you must first believe in Christianity. Wicca does not believe in Satan at all.

Cute diagram though. Must have gotten you some extra credit points in school. Very Happy

And until I know more about Wicca I shall remain pretty much opinionless on it. I try to only bitch and/or cheer about topics I have some knowledge about.

BUSH WASN"T IN CONGRESS UNTIL 1966 so don't try to judge how he would have voted

Bush the Elder is such a liar it's hard to tell how he would've voted. (Another fun fact: he co-wrote a book about himself called George Bush -- Man of Integrity.)

As I said, Bush the Elder (and Reagan) publicly opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965. If you doubt that, I suggest you do a little research.

Do the percentages you originally cited reflect public opinon poll(s) or congressional voting? I doubt many (if any) southern Republican congressmen voted for passage of those two acts.

"My opponent won't rule out raising taxes but I will. Congress will push me to raise taxes, and I'll say no, and they'll push, and I'll say no, and they'll push and I'll say, 'Read my lips! No new taxes!'" -- Bush the Elder

Gentlemen...and Lady:

As to the original post, GROW UP.

You should no more believe the idea the Wicca is evolved from devil worship than you should believe in the Easter Bunny or that the Catholic Church is the Mother of All Lies for raising Mary to her current exhalted status.

And just a little info: in order to worship Satan, you must first believe in Christianity. Wicca does not believe in Satan at all.

Wicca is devil worship plain and simple you can put all the lip-stick on it you want, but it's still devil worship.

*sigh* No point in arguing with the ignorant and uninformed.

If I choose to say that all people with green eyes are consorting with demons, does that make it true? The ridiculous statement that Wicca is devil worship is no more real simply because someone says it out loud or in writing.

The Wiccan religion does not worship the Christian Devil. He has no place in that religion at all. Through the years there has been a wonderful propaganda campaign to equate Cernunnos, Pan, and any number of old Pagan gods with Satan, but that's all it is; misinformation. You cannot worship what you do not believe exists. *lol*

And out of curiousity, who would be dumb enough to worship such a being anyway? No offense, but you've gotta be pretty dim to believe you can outwit something named the Prince of Liars.

I'm going to go out on a limb here (although I fear I know little about the topic) and say that I believe LadyM.

For what it's worth...if you are involved in something it's usually the case that you know the truths about it and otherwise wouldn't be involved with it if it's something you don't agree with and seeing that LadyM insists she does not agree with the Devil nor does her practiced chosen belief system (apparently, by her own words), I'll take her word for it that she is saying what she knows to be true.

Perhaps the 'misinformation' we have been exposed to is related to some other thing claiming to be the Real Wicca (and isn't real) or wanting to be it, or whatever. Call it Psuedo-Wicca if you like. Whatever.

As I said before, I don't know about the topic...but I'm getting more info from LadyM about it than any other source Wink

So there. My fellow political conservatives may think its shocking that I'm doing this but I don't think LM is trying to trick us all with witchery into believing her. She might just be telling the truth that Wicca isn't Satan worship. And even if it isn't Satan worship, it's obvious that her brand of Wicca is quite different than that of the one with related horror stories we have all heard about through this thread.

And since she isn't casting any spells on us (that we know of LOL) let's just get over it already.

As a very brief explanation, one of the primary "laws" in Wicca is what is called the Threefold Law.

What you do, be it physical or merely intentions, returns to you 3 times as strong as when you did/said/sent it.

'nuff said.

Thanks to any who listened with an open mind. I do appreciate it and I know I've nto always been been guiltless of yammering about things I've disliked without being open minded.

Whatever your cult is still a cult, with any luck someday you will grow up. From your previous post's LadyM you say your salary has decreased by 50% Laughing thats what you get for being a fool.

so much for New Year's resolutions, see. *laughing*

so much for New Year's resolutions, see. *laughing*

I'm living up to mine, you can only be so nice to a demon worshipping fool

Very sweetly said, dear. I'll make sure to say a little prayer for you, too.

Quote:

Bush the Elder is such a liar it's hard to tell how he would've voted. (Another fun fact: he co-wrote a book about himself called George Bush -- Man of Integrity.)

As I said, Bush the Elder (and Reagan) publicly opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965. If you doubt that, I suggest you do a little research.

Do the percentages you originally cited reflect public opinon poll(s) or congressional voting? I doubt many (if any) southern Republican congressmen voted for passage of those two acts.

"My opponent won't rule out raising taxes but I will. Congress will push me to raise taxes, and I'll say no, and they'll push, and I'll say no, and they'll push and I'll say, 'Read my lips! No new taxes!'" -- Bush the Elder

I could careless about Bush the elder or the late great Ronald Reagan, Why did you go off into this subject anyway? Are you mentally fit? Did you know this thread was about WICCA!!!!!!!!!

Did you know this thread was about WICCA!!!!!!!!!

I had an inkling. Did you know the inclusion of Republican propaganda in your original post meant the thread wasn't solely about Wicca?

Quote:
I could careless about Bush the elder or the late great Ronald Reagan,

The use of the phrase "I could care less ..." in this context is evidence of a mind lacking in analytic rigor. I suggest you do more thinking and less parroting.

As a very brief explanation, one of the primary "laws" in Wicca is what is called the Threefold Law.

What you do, be it physical or merely intentions, returns to you 3 times as strong as when you did/said/sent it.

'nuff said.

Thanks to any who listened with an open mind. I do appreciate it and I know I've nto always been been guiltless of yammering about things I've disliked without being open minded.

LadyM, on behalf of real conservatives... if I may be so bold... we as a group apologize for db, which I believe stands for "don't be" thinking.

Please know he does not represent conservatism, or most people with a brain. Wink

I've found most of the conservatives on the forum here to be intelligent, well spoken folks. I've taken the attitude towards db that he is posting this all as comedy and I will continue to treat it as such. Very Happy

Craig:

I've found most of the conservatives on the forum here to be intelligent, well spoken folks. I've taken the attitude towards db that he is posting this all as comedy and I will continue to treat it as such. Very Happy

Well, i suppose that's one approach, LOL...

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1