Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
iTunes question
Post iTunes question 
Does anyone know why my iTunes account is computer-specific? Is that just the way it is? It seems that I should be able to access songs I've purchased from iTunes when I log into my account from any computer, but that's not the case. Do I need to load all my songs onto a zip drive to transfer them from one computer to another?

iTunes is really into controlling your experience from soup to nuts. It just sucks.

You can set up a sharing "family" account and share your purchase with a small number of other people.

Your best bet is not to buy music from iTunes. Use amazon or some other site that doesn't put so much DRM nonsense onto your purchase.

Good luck!

Post Comparison Shop For Electronic Tunes 
http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/06/22/savings-experiment-mp3-downloads-and-streams-for-a-song/?icid=main|main|dl9|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.walletpop.com%2Fblog%2F2010%2F06%2F22%2Fsavings-experiment-mp3-downloads-and-streams-for-a-song%2F

Interesting article with pros and cons of online music download services.

DATIA (dumbass that I am) I didn't realize that E-Music wasn't letting me roll over my song credits if unused until I read it here. Just thought I wasn't keeping very good track of them.

Yup, ultimately your songs are stored on the computer you downloaded them on. You may have luck with moving them to another computer, but if they're DRM'd it will end in tears. There's ways around DRM though, but it's a long an tiring process.

Hi guys, i have a new question about itunes. I recently bought a new ipod touch and i was trying to copy of music from my old ipod to the hard disk of the computer. I cant seem to copy and drag the songs to my library(which i could do relatively easily on my previous ipod which is a classic). Do you have any thoughts on why?

If you're using iTunes to manage everything, I'm not sure why that would be.

If you're using something like WinAMP or MediaMonkey, it may be because the iPod Touch is further locked down from the classic iPods, thus making it (currently) impossible for third party apps to manage the new iPods.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1