Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Male or femalie boss?
Post Male or femalie boss? 
Do you prefer working with a male boss or female boss or a boss just the opposite sex?

I don't have a preference. I've had good and bad bosses of both sexes.

All my bosses are male. But I have heard that dealing with a female boss could be a lot more difficult.

I've had both male bosses and female bosses. Good and bad to both.

I'd say that in general women can be a bit easier to work for if you're a man, though I've had women tell me they hate working for other women. (Doubt that's a universal sentiment, just something I've heard more than once.)

However, probably my favorite all-time boss to work for happened to be a male, even though I've had more "difficult to work for" male bosses than female bosses.

But it's all subjective and personal-experience-based...

I've had both. Both have their challenges that hinge more on personal style than gender, though I've had a few pretty serious gender related problems with bosses as well.

i.e.: I had a boss at a high stress finance company who could not deal with conflict at all without shaking and crying

I also had a male boss that assumed all female employees were only there until they got pregnant and when you didn't get pregnant, he'd start asking you when you planned to.

I also had a male boss that assumed all female employees were only there until they got pregnant and when you didn't get pregnant, he'd start asking you when you planned to.

At first I kind of found this funny...I imagine a Seinfeld episode being made about this guy...but then I thought, "what a prick!"

I guess in my experience I have had both good and bad bosses of both sexes. It's all about the person, I suppose, though women bosses I've had in the past have been more likely to be a bit more difficult.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1