Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Not-So-Favorite Animals?
Post Not-So-Favorite Animals? 
What are the animals you don't like?

toy anythings...hamsters...all else aren't "animals" but different species.

*shudder*

Nematodes. Dirty little buggers are everywhere. (Literally. There may be some in your eyebrows right now)

I did some experiments on bats. It was so disgusting. Bats have very sharp teeth. They do bite and they bite hard.

Not a big fan of dogs. Grew up with the fear of dogs.

Bats are awersome!!! When I go Fly-fishing in southern Minnesota they fly all around you at dawn taking the bugs as they come off the stream, real cool, and if you get up early enough to take a shower you can watch them going back into their hiding places inside the interior walls of the buildings.

The most disgusting looking animal in my opinion is the opossum. You never seen them in Minnesota until the weather started warming, about 10 years ago, now you see them smashed on the road all over very nasty critters.

Bats are awersome!!! When I go Fly-fishing in southern Minnesota they fly all around you at dawn taking the bugs as they come off the stream, real cool, and if you get up early enough to take a shower you can watch them going back into their hiding places inside the interior walls of the buildings.

I heard in some big national parks like Yosemite, bats keep all the bugs and mosqitos away from tourists.

Bat is an amazing creature for its most sophisticated hearing capability. A bat is almost blind, but it relies on its hearing to navigate and find preys. Bats have done their part in helping us understand how our own hearing works.

That's all fine and good, but it doesn't change the fact that a bat is essentially a rodent with wings. When I lived in Africa, there was a bat who lived between my wall and my ceiling in my mud hut, and he came out at the same time every evening (around dusk) and flew around the inside of my room, brushing my face with his wings. Ugh. Practically gave me a nervous breakdown.

Post Least favorite animals? 
Conservatives
snakes
ratdogs

When I was a kid, I was fishing from the shore of a reservoir, sitting at the water's edge on a huge slab of limestone pitted with holes and cracks like a ten-foot piece of swiss cheese. I had a couple of panfish on a stringer in the water near my feet. After a while I saw the stringer jerking and looked down and couldn't see my fish, so I started pulling it up. A turtle had grabbed onto one of my fish and pulled it under the slab. As I kept lifting the turtle's neck kept getting longer and longer until I realized it wasn't a turtle at all, it was a big snake! I jumped to my feet, yanked my fish out of its mouth and never sat there again.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1