Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
NO Safe Drugs
Post NO Safe Drugs 
Quote:
Some drug makers pay key leaders in a field of medicine, such as chairs of departments in medical schools, tens of thousands of dollars if they are saying the right things about their product. They manipulate medical education sessions, lectures, articles in medical journals, research studies, even personal conversations between physicians to get their product message across.
Full Article

If you think pills are safe to take because your doctor or TV ads have said so, think again. Drug companies are simply testing their products on human guinea pigs. I'd much prefer more natural remedies like acupuncture, acupressure, herbal medicine, yoga, meditation or even massage therapy.

If you ever think your doctor is a super hero, just ask him/her if there is a cure for the common cold. Inspite of all the trainings doctors have had and all the money we are paying them, they know just as little as you and I do.

What can acupuncture/acupressure and other holistic medicines offer someone with Bipolar I? Because pharmaceuticals make my life easier to live, but I'm also paying $500+ a month in med costs (I have very very very bad Rx insurance). Can these hippie alternatives help someone with severe psychosis?

Can these hippie alternatives help someone with severe psychosis?

The short answer is Yes. According to traditional Chinese medicine, both physical and mental illnesses result from the blockage or imbalance of one's vital energy called Qi. This vital energy Qi flows in channels that are different from blood vessels and nerve paths. Acupuncture, acupressure or herbal medicine unblock the flow of Qi and bring one's energy in balance.

I benefited from alternative healings in the past. I had a lot of problems with my sinus many years ago. Something was actually growing inside my sinus and I was told by a Western doctor that I needed surgery. I seeked help from Chinese medicine. After some herbal treatments, my sinus problem was fixed and whatever was growing inside my sinus disappeared. The thing I love about alternative healings is that they are natural with few side effects.

You may want to give Amy Nystrom a call. She is the best acupuncturist in town. Her number is:

612-232-7618

Her web site: www.MinneapolisAcupuncturist.com

Excellent, thanks. I'll give it a look. I'm interested in all ways of managing my condition, both traditional Western and others.

Getting acupuncture or herbal treatments may seem like an expensive proposition because there is a good chance your health plan doesn't cover it. But I'd think it in a different way. All the pills can only treat symptoms, not root causes. So you are stuck with the pills for the rest of your life.

Acupuncture and herbal medicine do treat both the symptoms and the root causes. That means you spend some money for treatments that span a few weeks to a few months, then you are done, completely pill-free (I don't take anything for my sinus now). Think how much money you will be saving, compared to paying $500+ a month forever.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1