Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Memorable Sounds
Post Memorable Sounds 
Is there a particular sound that you have grown to associate with something about to happen? I know that when I hear a Southern male voice saying "Watch this, Y'All," somethings about to blow up or a car is going to tumble end over end through a culvert. Whenever I hear female voices shrieking "woo-wooooo" I drop whatever I'm doing and run to the TV room, because I know that collegiate tank tops are about to go flying across the beach volleyball court and I want to shout parental warnings at my set. Or something.

What sounds trigger scenes in your mind?

The sound of my front door opening tells me I'm about to hear my roommate enter, singing.

The sound of my phone ringing is always exciting. I love the moment right before looking to see who's calling, when it still could be anyone...

Post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
How about the sound of a good drenching rain, with maybe some thunder and lightning as a bonus? I'll open a window on a summer's night just so I can hear the sounds.

Ooh, yeah, thunder-boomies! That's a good one.

The opening chords of a song you know you love, before you know exactly which song it is...

Post Sounds 
Well this is kind of creepy, but the sound of June bugs buzzing and bumping against window screens in late spring always confirms to me that the summer season has arrived. I hate the sound, but it is predictable and unmistakable.

On another note, I too love the sound of rolling thunder, especially when accompanied by lightening that makes loud cracking noise.

The patter of rain either against the window pane, or on the roof of a tent as you sleep.

or the purr of my cat, Spott...somewhere between a loud purr and a tribble trill, and he purrs on both the inhale and exhale...

Wind coming through the open window of a car on the highway.

Post Thunder & Lightning 
I once sat on a balcony at Breezy Point, overlooking Pelican Lake at night. An enormous storm system moved into the area, lighting up the night sky for many miles around. It wasn't an isolated flash or two. The sky was continuously lit with lightning, some probably 20-30 miles away. It went on for hours- a truly incredible sight.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1