Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Those Darn Babies- Hard To Keep Track Of 'Em
Post Those Darn Babies- Hard To Keep Track Of 'Em 

Ga. woman accused of convincing ex-boyfriend to pay child support even though kid was not his

Associated Press
Last update: January 6, 2011 - 5:54 PM

ALBANY, Ga. - Police say a Georgia woman used a friend's baby to collect more than $1,600 in child support from an ex-boyfriend after she convinced him the child was his.

Dougherty County Sheriff's Capt. Craig Dodd says Regina Thompson's ex-boyfriend paid the money over two years. Dodd says the ex-boyfriend even had pictures made at the girl's birthday party.

The 38-year-old Thompson has been charged with five counts of theft. Police say she was keeping her friend's child when she concocted the scheme.

The girl's mother, Lastraga McCloud, didn't know anything about the plot. Police say it began to unravel when the girl, now five, began to talk more and told Thompson's ex-boyfriend, Joseph Golden, that he wasn't her father.

Thompson did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment.

I wouldn't pay a penny to a woman claiming to have my baby until a DNA test was done. Not if she wasn't my wife.

That being said, $1,600 for 2 years of child support? That's about $2 a day. Hope the kid likes walking around naked and that steady diet of ramen noodles.

Post Off The Books 

I'm guessing that's "pay me cash and I won't turn you in to the county" child support. It's a sliding scale based on what you've got in your pocket when Babymomma runs into you on the street.

Two edged sword.

Identify the daddy and you may start getting less welfare etc...

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1