Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
TCF Bank
Post TCF Bank 
http://www.tcfexpress.com/index.jsp

I recently opened an account with this bank due to the convenience of their many locations, including one in virtually every Cub Foods and 7 day banking.

Big mistake.

This is the sloppiest bank I have ever dealt with. Very slow on crediting deposits. I have called customer service a couple of times and spoke to near functional illiterates on every call who were useless in resolving issues.

I will likely close this account soon. Completely fed up with these morons.

They're the ones to beat here in town - hard to compete with the Cub Foods convenience factor.

Please post where you end up or who you are evaluating, and if it works out for you.

A lot of folks have very little need for a bricks and mortar bank. You can deposit by mail, if someone sent you a physical check. You can pay many bills on line, or have them set up to auto-pay. If you're a wage slave, you can get your salary direct-deposited. You can pay for nearly anything with a credit card, and so have very little need for cash - and can get cash for no fee from an ATM if it is in-network for your bank (in some cases). All this, plus you can get 1% or better on your money.

Check bankrate.com and other sites of that sort, lots of electronic banks out there to pick from.

Not even sure why TCF is around anymore. The horror stories are too numerous, and their demonstrably poor security policies make them the easiest target for fraud in the area. It's almost safer to keep your money unattended on a table in an unlocked house in north Minneapolis.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1