Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
A question of the utmost importance
Author Message
Reply with quote
Post A question of the utmost importance 
Do you hang the toilet paper over or under?

Confused

Reply with quote
Post  
I prefer under. But I couldn't care less. Smile

Reply with quote
Post  
I'm an over kind of girl, myself. And I didn't realize how much I cared until I started encountering the "under" hang more and more. And I found my frustration growing...

Shocked

Reply with quote
Post  
Under

My vast, grant funded research project proved beyond doubt that a roll unfolding over is much more loose and "flappy". This attracts the attention of kitties and puppies, who then proceed to liberate the entire roll from its cardboard core. The under method may slow that process down a little. Or not. I will need another grant to research that aspect.

Reply with quote
Post  
thrice wrote:
Under

My vast, grant funded research project proved beyond doubt that a roll unfolding over is much more loose and "flappy". This attracts the attention of kitties and puppies, who then proceed to liberate the entire roll from its cardboard core. The under method may slow that process down a little. Or not. I will need another grant to research that aspect.


Laughing

But we kitty- and puppy-free big kids are surely mature enough to deal with the flap!

You just have to WORK so much harder to deal with the under hang! The pull, the tear...it's all so much more complicated!

Really, though, the importance of the over/under hang pales in comparison to the vital concern of single vs. double ply. You've only got one tooshy. Treat it right, I say! Razz

Reply with quote
Post  
Clearly too many people think one can just "throw paper at the problem" without any consideration of their personal "footprint" on the Earth's resources. Responsible use of renewable resources is entirely in our hands.

Studies consistently show that less than 10% of total surface area of hygenic tissue is actually used for its intended purpose, with the other 90% constituting a glorified hand shield wrestled from the carcasses of innocent saplings and softwoods taken from the living forest. The judicial use of reusable latex gloves or their soybean byproduct equivalents, combined with a little additional personal caution, can reduce this senseless waste.

Hopefully this new practice will be embraced voluntarily. One would hope that an honor system will be sufficient to ensure its universal adoption. We will only know for sure what measures will be required when the Charmin hits the porcelin, and feedback starts to come in on its effectiveness.

But for now, it's completely up to you. Help wipe out wanton waste today!

Reply with quote
Post  
*clap clap clap*

Hell yes, and well said, Thrice!

As a woman, I've often been privvy (no pun intended) to those infamous joint trips to the loo that girls are always taking. It is, after all, sometimes our only opportunity to talk about you menfolk without you listening. And I've been aghast time and again as I watch some otherwise reasonable females unroll a third of the paper on a Charmin Double Roll just to take care of the single perfunctory wipe necessary to take care of business before heading back into the world.

Stop the madness!! Crying or Very sad

Reply with quote
Post  
I don't care which way the paper is hung as long as it is used, and the toilet is flushed afterwards.

Reply with quote
Post  
I recall that this important question was actually addressed in an Ann Landers column, many years ago. The answer was....(drum roll) over! Much easier to handle. For those of you who are undecided, try the vertically-mounted fixture - no worries!

Display posts from previous:
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum