Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Jealous??
Post Jealous?? 
Are you the jealous type? Why or why not?

Was when I was too young. I bet it was the lack of self-esteem and self-confidence.

Some say if there is no jealousy in a relationship, there is no love. That makes sense to me.

I'm not a jealous type. Never have been. I trust those I'm with to behave honorably and if they don't, and I find out, that was the end of the relationship.

Right now, I'm in my 16th year of marriage to a musician. He deals with night hours, in bars, talking with strange women all the time. *laughing* I trust him and he knows it. It drives some of his bandmates crazy that I'm not calling and nagging him to get home because I know this is his job and he has no illusions about those women wanting the real him. He knows they want the stage version of him...the larger than life one...and he doesn't play.

Love, by nature, should be without jealousy.

I have jealous twinges, like anyone else, but I don't let it consume me. I've been with jealous boyfriends, and let me tell you, the flattering part of that is over in about 90 seconds. Then it's just maddening.

Love, by nature, should be without jealousy.

Are you so sure about this? There are different stages of a relationship. At least at the beginning of a relationship, if you don't feel the jealousy, you are not in love yet.

Either he cares enough not to mess around and lie about it, or he doesn't. Either way, I cannot change that.

if you don't feel the jealousy, you are not in love yet.

Wow. What a sad way to define love! Crying or Very sad

It is only natural to be jealous. If I wake up in the morning with a woman next to me and the first question popping into my mind is "What's her name?", then I am sure there is no jealousy there.

Jealousy may be natural, but it is not synonymous with love.

It IS synonymous with insecurity, IMHO.

No one is sure or secure at the start of a relationship. That is why jealousy is often a part of it. That was my point.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1