Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Baseball As America
Post Baseball As America 
Fans and non-fans of the game of baseball should check out this great traveling exhibit from the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown. It's currently being offered at the Minnesota History Center, 345 Kellogg Blvd W in St. Paul.

This exhibit contains multimedia presentations about the game and business of baseball. I expected it to be limited to Major League ball, but it also contained some great exhibits of memorabilia from the Negro Leagues and Women's League teams and players. Much of the exhibit is behind glass, but there are some items that can be handled as well. One of the most interesting things I saw was a personal letter from President John F. Kennedy to Jackie Robinson, in response to Robinson's concerns about Kennedy's level of involvement in the civil rights movement. It was a bold movement, and a bold response, for the very early 1960's. There was also a hand written scouting report on Roberto Clemente- by a young scout at the time who later emerged as Al Campanis, a legendary baseball executive.

I enjoyed the exhibition much more than I expected. We arrived at 3. We got kicked out at 5, and still would have stayed longer.

Tomorrow, I'll be attending my first Twins Fest at the Metrodome. I'm not that wild to go, but I suspect my daughter is madly crushed on Joe Mauer, and I am not given any choice in the matter.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1