Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Groundhog Didn't See Shadow
Post Groundhog Didn't See Shadow 
Early spring this year? Sure hope so.

If the Groundhog sees its shadow, it means 6 more weeks of winter. If it doesn't, it means an early spring. Groundhog Shadow

This winter has been rather mild until now. Surely hope the cold spell ends soon.

Post Puksatawny Phil 
Dream on, Whatsup.
This is MN. 6 more weeks puts us into mid March. We'll still have snow.

Personally I think the groundhog curses us on this day each year. How would YOU feel if someone pulled you, still asleep, from a warm next into a cold, crowded outdoor arena??

Post Re: Puksatawny Phil 
LadyM wrote:

Personally I think the groundhog curses us on this day each year. How would YOU feel if someone pulled you, still asleep, from a warm next into a cold, crowded outdoor arena??

If I were a groundhog, I don't think I'd care anyone pulled me out of my bed, because I would be sleeping outdoor anyway. Confused

Oops...typing dyslexia. should have read "warm nest". And no, groudhogs usually have a burrow. Much warmer than the outside.

-7 this morning and the groundhog says an early spring?

Clearly, he's in on Al Gore's global warming conspiracy plot!

Rolling Eyes

Sorry... was time to get less serious about global warming/global cooling/global status quo for a second on THIS topic... Very Happy

Post Groudhog Replaced in MN!! 
evidently they Duluth MN zoo no longer relies on groundhogs for their prediction. They had consulted a porcupine for the last few years.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1