Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
School Donations Made Easy
Post School Donations Made Easy 
http://www.boxtops4education.com/index.aspx

The easiest donation you ever made. General Mills offers Boxtops for Education on their breakfast cereals, cake and cookie mixes, and numerous other products. At a minimum of ten cents per coupon, it's an easy way to help the school of your choice raise much needed funds. I'm surprised how quickly I accumulate an envelope full of them, and then drop them off at a school for redemption. Tell your friends about this worthy and painless promotion that General Mills has hosted for years.

Last edited by thrice on Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Except General Mills doesn't make Pop Tarts. That's Kellogg's. Otherwise, I totally agree with you!

Wow, silly me. And here I thought property taxes going out of control all the time was "donations" enough...

Craig, if you really think those greedy, nasty schools are the reason your property taxes are going up, you need to read the paper a little more closely.

Box Tops is a really easy way for parents to help their schools earn extra money they can spend on whatever they want. That's what we're talking about here, not tax policy. Funny thing is, if everyone sent Box Tops to their schools, they might not need so much money from the state. Of course, General Mills would go bankrupt, but your taxes might not go up. Wink

I have some pretty strong ideas myself about the politics and financing of education, but that's on the large scale. I also know a number of teachers. Unfortunately, as in so many professions, it's not the "soldiers in the trenches" that are using money unwisely, and they are the ones who are getting pinched. I can't imagine my boss telling me to go into my pocket to buy company supplies, and then telling me to write it off on my taxes. In yer dreams! I'm glad to make this painless donation thru General Mills, and that they're community minded and generous enough to support this program for schools.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1