Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Favorite Super Bowl commercial?
Post Favorite Super Bowl commercial? 
I thought the coke ads were all pretty amazing.

What was your favorite Superbowl ad?

Dora, my beef with the Coke ads is that I've seen them ALL in theatres before the SuperBowl. They've been playing in movie theatres for a while. I think Coke played it lazy this year, recycling movie theatre ads into TV ads.

I'm so OVER GoDaddy.com ads.... all it is, is a URL registration site.

I thought the ad made by an amateur that aired was pretty cool. The best three ads all aired right around the time of the first big break after the game started, following Chicago's kickoff return for a TD.

I thought the ads that were the most gratuitous and unnecessary was a tie between the GoDaddy.com ads and the Twix ad (or whatever candybar it was) that had two guys kissing. Both just seemed excessive for no good reason.

I thought Budweiser probably did the best... consistently funny year-to-year and a brand new set if ideas this year. What more can one ask? Plus the Bud ads this year weren't gratuitous.

I don't watch a ton of television (by which I mean, really, any), so I'll just ask: are all commercials so consistently objectifying of women? GoDaddy was the most blatant, but I thought a lot of them were, in one way or another. Was that just because of the testosterone-charged event, or is it like that all the time?

Post Budweiser commericals stunk 
None of the commercials impressed me. One of the Coke's commerical is loaded with animations. It is way overdone. It reminds me all the fancy special effects in today's movie. But those cool special effects or animations can substitute creative filmmaking.

Budweiser is known for making bad beers but great commericals. But not this year. I thought that face slapping one was so stupid, not funny at all.

GoDaddy's commerical stunk too. I don't think a lot of people know what that commercial is all about after watching it.

I got home way after the game started, and didn't tape it, so I missed a bunch of the game and the commercials. The two that I saw that I enjoyed were the scrappy, white dog that gets dirty spots all over him, so he rides as a dalmatian on the Budweiser wagon; and the Doritos commercial with the checkout lady who was getting all hot and bothered about the flavors the guy was buying. They both made me crack up, but I didn't see anything that made me think, "Wow, advertising is so spectacular these days!!!"

The GoDaddy.com ads bugged me too.

I don't watch a ton of television (by which I mean, really, any), so I'll just ask: are all commercials so consistently objectifying of women? GoDaddy was the most blatant, but I thought a lot of them were, in one way or another. Was that just because of the testosterone-charged event, or is it like that all the time?

I think it's a bit more pronounced during the SuperBowl. Ads definitely tend to objectify women and sexualize nearly every product on the market... Boring.

But I think programs that skew toward women tend to be less that way. Of course, the products they're pushing change, too. But, for example, I've never seen an ad where a woman simulates an orgasm over, say... a Playtex tampon. Thank god.

But over beer and Doritos? Happens way too often.

I watch less and less broadcast TV these days and prefer to watch most shows via download with the commercials cut out.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1