Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Ted Haggard Heterosexual Again
Post Ted Haggard Heterosexual Again 
Quote:
One of four ministers who oversaw three weeks of intensive counselling for Rev. Ted Haggard said the disgraced minister emerged convinced that he is "completely heterosexual."

Haggard said in an e-mail Sunday, his first communication in three months to church members, that he and his wife, Gayle, plan to pursue master's degrees in psychology. The e-mail said the family hasn't decided where to move but that they were considering Missouri and Iowa.

Can you talk someone into being homo or heterosexual? It sounds like you can and it sounds like homosexuality IS a choice.

Post Homosexuality a choice? 
IMHO I think that Mr Haggard was not homosexual, but rather had been indulging in that behavior as part of a larger problem. I have known homosexuals of both genders who would give anything to be able to change their sexual orientation. It causes an enormous amount of guilt, heartache, depression and in some cases even suicide to continually be told something you cannot change is in fact YOUR CHOICE.

To assume from this one case that ALL homosexuals are making a choice to be attracted the their own gender is just like saying that since Ralf sneezed near a cat so he assumed he was allergic to them, but later could hold cats without sneezing he must have chosen not to be allergic to cats. Not the clearest analogy, but I'm sure you get my point.

Post Ted Haggert comes out of closet ... 
... sees his crystal methodist shadow and goes back into the closet for another 6 weeks of denial.

Quote:

Can you talk someone into being homo or heterosexual? It sounds like you can and it sounds like homosexuality IS a choice.

The bi-sexuals who seem to be in the fatter part of the bell curve of sexuality can probably be talked into homosexual relations by authority figures when the bi's are children. In most of those cases, there seems to be an element of coercion that calls into question whether or not the child truly makes a "choice."

OTOH, adult prisoners who willingly engage in homosexual relations behind bars and opt for heterosexual sex when freed obviously make a choice, but were probably latently bi-sexual to begin with.

Um, Haggard had his church members "completely convinced" he was heterosexual before this, didn't he? What's the difference now?

Post Ted Haggard 
Good Point, Godfather!

Post Re: Ted Haggard Heterosexual Again 
WhatsUp wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thanks for the laugh, WhatsUp! Ted Haggard as a role model for sexuality correction! HILARIOUS!

That would be like the courts in Iraq finding Saddam Hussein not guilty because after three weeks of a trial they determined him to be "completely vicious-Dictator-free".

If you really want to try to prove that homosexuality is a choice, don't use TED FREAKING HAGGARD as a test case!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

nomnnice wrote:
If you really want to try to prove that homosexuality is a choice, don't use TED FREAKING HAGGARD as a test case!

Is homosexuality a choice? I know there is some evidence for it and some evidence against it. Clearly, you can't ignore cases like Ted Haggard who seems to have "sexual orientation switch". He flips the switch one way, he is a loving husband and father. He flips the switch the other way, he is attracted to a man. I know you have been saying these "closet gays" are different. But when you study a whole group, you do have the choice to choose those who fit your theory and discard those who don't. If you do, it weakens your theory. It is not a laughing matter if you are serious about the science.

WhatsUp wrote:
nomnnice wrote:

Is homosexuality a choice? I know there is some evidence for it and some evidence against it. Clearly, you can't ignore cases like Ted Haggard who seems to have "sexual orientation switch". He flips the switch one way, he is a loving husband and father. He flips the switch the other way, he is attracted to a man. I know you have been saying these "closet gays" are different. But when you study a whole group, you do have the choice to choose those who fit your theory and discard those who don't. If you do, it weakens your theory. It is not a laughing matter if you are serious about the science.

WhatsUp, if I go around dressing like a man, talking like a man, and generally trying to convince everyone that I am a man, even if I'm successful at it, does that make me a man? This guy is wearing a mask. He has a disguise on. Taking the disguise off and putting it back on doesn't change the reality of what's underneath.

And let's not forget he had a meth addiction. Is he over that in three weeks too? Rolling Eyes

dorajar wrote:

WhatsUp, if I go around dressing like a man, talking like a man, and generally trying to convince everyone that I am a man, even if I'm successful at it, does that make me a man?

I agree that does not make you a man, but it makes you a cross-dresser.

You are making my point here. If a man mates with another man, it does not make this man a woman, but makes him a gay.

I don't understand why these closet gays are so dispised by the gay community. Are they ruining your reputation or sabotaging your cause? If they are not considered gay, what would you call them and how do you explain their behaviors?

WhatsUp wrote:
dorajar wrote:

WhatsUp, if I go around dressing like a man, talking like a man, and generally trying to convince everyone that I am a man, even if I'm successful at it, does that make me a man?

I agree that does not make you a man, but it makes you a cross-dresser.

You are making my point here. If a man mates with another man, it does not make this man a woman, but makes him a gay.

I don't understand why these closet gays are so dispised by the gay community. Are they ruining your reputation or sabotaging your cause? If they are not considered gay, what would you call them and how do you explain their behaviors?

He is gay.

He is afraid of being gay.

He pretends he's not gay.

He leads a double life. One is his "straight" facade (wife, kids, etc.), the other is his very repressed self manifesting itself in destructive ways.

Make sense?

WhatsUp wrote:

They are considered gay.

Because they are gay.

It's very simple.

And, yes, they are runing our reputation and sabotaging our cause because they perpetuate the falsehood that one can choose one's sexuality.

And, frankly, if you truly believe that sexuality is a choice, then Ted Haggard is still a horrible test case. Do you really want to go around saying people choose their sexuality because a minister "chose" to get high on meth and have sex with a gay prostitute?

Ted Haggard is a soulless coward. No one - regardless of one's views on sexuality - should want to claim this piece of shit.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1