Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Last Movie
Post Last Movie 
What was the last movie you saw? Was it good?

Pan's Labyrinth. It was gorgeous. Very hard to watch at times, but gorgeous all the same. The biggest "message" I took from it was the power of girls and women to undermine militancy and patriarchy through their strength, courage, mercy, and imagination.

Let's see... My wife and I took in Eragon most recently. It was only okay. Not bad, but not great either.

Before that, it was Rocky Balboa, but I went with a buddy to that while my wife and her friend went to Happy Feet.

Funny bit was, my wife hated her animated feature because it was overly sexualized.

Meanwhile, the "guy flick" I took in had a lot of great messages about perseverance and overcoming the obstacles life tosses in your way... as well as taking personal responsibility for your life... and in a rare move, a big Hollywood superstar like Stallone chose a female co-star half his age and DIDN'T make it a romance. I guess he never learned from Robert Redford that when you're a Hollywood power broker, you're supposed to cast women 1/2 to 1/3 of your age and have them fall in love with you on-screen, even when you're 70.

I haven't been to the theater a lot lately. Mostly my wife and I see movies that we rent off Netflix.

Instinct with Anthony Hopkins. Great movie on TV.

Post Babel 
Saw Babel. It was good, but I wasn't wowed. Apparently it is headed to a big night at the Oscar.

Post Curse of the Golden Flower 
Saw "Curse of the Golden Flower" directed by my favorite director Yang Yimou. It was beautifully done. I was amazed by Yang's use of colors, which were incredibly rich. But I was a bit disappointed by the story. It was nothing more than a silly love trianlge.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1