Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Idea Park - Worst Customer Service
Post Idea Park - Worst Customer Service 
If you are looking for a local web design or web hosting company, stay away from the company named Idea Park (www.ideapark.com), located in Minneapolis.

One of my clients has their web site hosted by ideapark. It was impossible to get any customer service. No returned calls or emails. The head of the company Ken seems always in an important meeting. I have been trying to contact them on my client's behalf for over 2 weeks, but haven't heard anything back yet. Don't understand how they can stay in business like that.

Huh, that's funny. I'm well acquainted with ideapark and think they're very good when it comes to strategic and creative interactive marketing solutions. They may not be a fantastic hosting company, but then again, it's not what they say they they do when you look at their website (www.ideapark.com). I know for a fact they've been in the business for over 10 years, so they must be good at something, right?

Looking for a hosting company? Talk to Visi. Looking for a great email campaign or website? Talk to ideapark. I think they're terrific.

Post Idea Park 
It has been over 2 months since I first contacted Idea Park, still no response yet. That speaks volume about their "customer service". How long does it take to return a phone call or an email?

So, you think you will get better service if it is not web hosting? Hello????

If you look at their web site, it is hard to figure out exactly what they do. It doesn't matter as long as there is no customer service. Idea Park shouldn't be in any business.

Wait a sec. First you said this Ken guy was always in a meeting and now you're saying they haven't contacted you? How would you know he was in a meeting if he or someone hasn't contacted you? Also, if your inquiry was important, I'd think you'd try to contact them more than once. Are you saying you've been trying to contact them repeatedly over a two month period and nobody's responded to you? Unlikely, knowing what I know of them. Have you tried hitting zero or something when you call? Seems to me you may have gotten reamed by your client because you didn't follow up with them in a timely manner and now blame them for your problems. Just a theory.

My experience tells me they provide fine customer service. Looking at their site, I see they have several rather large clients and have had them for some time. You don't get companies like those as clients and keep them by providing consistently bad service, do you? As far as knowing what they do by looking at their site, I think it's one of those things where if you need the services they provide, you'll know they can provide them by what they show. Maybe what they do and what you need them for are not the same thing. Can't blame an auto mechanic for giving lousy service if you ask him to fix the plumbing in your house, can you?

Post Idea Park 
bipto wrote:
Wait a sec. First you said this Ken guy was always in a meeting and now you're saying they haven't contacted you? How would you know he was in a meeting if he or someone hasn't contacted you? Also, if your inquiry was important, I'd think you'd try to contact them more than once. Are you saying you've been trying to contact them repeatedly over a two month period and nobody's responded to you?

FYI - Ken Godman appears to have a secretary. She always answered and told me he was in a meeting. I gave her my number and email address. I emailed Ken. My client called Ken several times. No answers. You want me to keep trying until I get an answer? I wish I had that much time.

By the way, Idea Park's web site looks like a piece of crap!!! Glad they still have some business going. Pretty soon, no one will want to work with them. The company has no clue about customer service. My client has already switched out the Idea Park for web hosting. So, whether Idea Park will be in business tomorrow or next week doesn't concern me. Just thought people should know which companies they should NOT do business with. Idea Park is one of those companies.

Post Re: Idea Park 
Terry wrote:
The company has no clue about customer service.

They've been in business for over ten years and count among their clients some of the country's largest companies. I have had a terrific experience with them over there years and would recommend them to anyone in my position.

As in all things in life, your mileage may vary.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1