Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Best of the Twin Cities poll
Post Best of the Twin Cities poll 
It's that time of year again. The City Pages are doing their annual readers' poll for the best of the Twin Cities.

Thought I'd post some of the restaurant categories here, and see what your picks are....

And GO!

BEST BREAKFAST
BEST COFFEEHOUSE
BEST CHEAP EATS
BEST VEGETARIAN RESTAURANT
BEST PLACE TO EAT OUT WITH KIDS
BEST RESTAURANT FOR A FIRST DATE
BEST RESTAURANT FOR APPETIZERS
BEST RESTAURANT FOR DESSERT
BEST RESTAURANT FOR GLUTTONS
BEST RESTAURANT FOR LATE-NIGHT DINING
BEST RESTAURANT FOR OUTDOOR DINING
BEST RESTAURANT FOR ROMANCE
BEST RESTAURANT IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE
BEST RESTAURANT WHEN SOMEONE ELSE IS PAYING
BEST SERVICE AT A RESTAURANT
BEST SUNDAY BRUNCH
BEST TAKEOUT

BEST CHINESE RESTAURANT
BEST INDIAN RESTAURANT
BEST ITALIAN (NOT CHEAP)
BEST ITALIAN RESTAURANT (CHEAP)
BEST JAPANESE RESTAURANT
BEST MEXICAN RESTAURANT
BEST THAI RESTAURANT
BEST VIETNAMESE RESTAURANT

BEST NEIGHBORHOOD CAFÉ—MINNEAPOLIS
BEST NEIGHBORHOOD CAFÉ—ST. PAUL

BEST RESTAURANT— MINNEAPOLIS
BEST RESTAURANT—ST. PAUL

Some of my favorites (no particular categories:)

Broders Italian Deli - 50th and Penn, Minneapolis. So many delights - I have never been disappointed. Some offerings are there regularly; some change daily.

Buon Giorno - Lilydale (St. Paul) Authentic Italian take-out. Amazing array of olive oils and imported pastas.

Pastrami Jacks - Eden Prairie: it specializes in gigantic corned beef and pastrami sandwiches, but what draws me to it is the matzah ball soup. This casual strip mall gem is the closest I have found to the long-departed Lincoln Dels. It even features a 5 layer chocolate cake. But the matzah ball soup is the best.

Cosi's - the tomato basil soup is great. I order the whole wheat flatbread with it, and break pieces of it into the soup. Tuscan delight!

Turtle Bread - another home run tomato basil soup. Chocolate bread - oh my. Crusty, earthy breads. A definite culinary destination. I linger there with each visit, no matter my schedule.

Wuollet Bakery - I am most familiar with the one on 50th, in Edina, though there are several locations. If you want a customized, decorated birthday cake (that tastes good too) look no further. They are masters at creating memorable cakes. Brownies and lemon bars are luscious. Coffee cakes (who makes coffee cakes anymore?) are wonderful. A local treasure.

Penzeys Spices. You have to visit it to believe it. If you like to cook, go. If you love to cook, don't miss it - it will become a ritual. If you are just begining to get interested in cooking, it's a great learning place. My favorite store is located across the street (Hennepin in Uptown) from my favorite culinary shop, Kitchen Window.

Bon appetit!

Was anyone else disappointed that Mel-O-Glaze won for best bakery/doughnut(I don't remember which). I've never had anything spectacular there, or even very good. I like A Baker's Wife down the street on 42nd much better.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1