Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Allied Furnace & Hoffman - Terrible Service
Post Allied Furnace & Hoffman - Terrible Service 

I scheduled a duct cleaning and furnace cleaning and check with Allied Furnace Duct & Chimney Cleaning. My furnace was having intermittent problems - sometimes it kicked on, but sometimes it didn't. I was hoping they would help me diagnose what was going on.

The techician came on time. He was VERY careless when looking for the air duct outlet during the cleaning. I had to point to him where the outlets were. I told him about the intermittent problem I had with my furnace. His conclusion was that the ducts for the waterheater and the chimney were too dirty. He said once he got that cleaned, my furnace should work fine. The cost of the additional cleaning was $150. I told him to go ahead. He did, but after the cleaning and a bill over $300, my furnace was still having trouble. He said I needed to call Hoffman Furnace, a company owned by Allied Furnace to schedule a repair.

I did call Hoffman Furnace and a technician came on the same day. He said because the problem was intermittent, he couldn't do any diagnosis. The furnace was woking okay when he was here. He didn't check anything inside the furnace. He was very keen on talking me into replacing mine with a new one. I wasn't sure if he was a salesman or technician. My furnace is only 9 years old. Replacing the furnace would cost close to $3000. So, he left with another $85 for doing nothing.

I finally got the furnace fixed by Standard Heating in Minneapolis. A safety valve was acting up and was replaced. The cost was close to $700, but at least I got the job done.

So, thumbs up for Standard Heating (612-824-2656)! Thumbs WAY DOWN for Allied Furnace Duct & Chimney Cleaning and Hoffman Furnace!

I have a schedule for Duck Cleaning with Allied Furnace. The guy name Chuck came and told me that I also need to clean the furnace. I agreed and let him do the work for an additional charge.

He then asked me to pay first; as soon I paid him, he asked me to leave the house because there will be a lot of dusk and I don't want to breath them in. I then left the house then came back about 20 minutes later. He was not there. My neighbors told me they saw him left my house a few minutes after I left.

I checked the heat registers to see if he even did anything. It turned out that the guy did NOT do anything except for clean the dusk around the furnace. Before I left he said he would clean the filter in the air exchanger and would open all the heat registers and air return vents to clean. However the guy did not do anything and left quickly after I left and charged my credit card for the service that he did not perform.

This is a SCAM. It's Unethical for Allied Furnace trick its customers like this.

Everyone, please BE AWARE. I called the company and they told me to talk to owner name Scott. Every time I call they said he's not there. I left 3 messages for him in his voicemail, but I never got a return call.

I talked to my attorney and plan TO SUE ALLIED FURNACE. IF ANYONE OF YOU OUT THERE GOT SCAMMED BY THIS COMPANY PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Hello All,

I just found out information about ALLIED FURNACE from the Better Business Bureau of Minneapolis.

BBB Reliability Report

The Better Business Bureau®
Serving Minnesota and North Dakota
2706 Gannon Road
Saint Paul, MN 55116-2600
(651) 699-1111
www.mnd.bbb.org

Allied Furnace And Duct Cleaning Corp
1709 South Greely Street
Stillwater, MN 55082
Telephone: (651) 481-7005
Fax: (651) 439-0812

The BBB reports on members and non-members. If a company is a member of the BBB, it is stated in this report
BBB Definition:

report - A summary of activity reflected in a company's BBB file. Includes basic business background, BBB membership information, and Bureau complaint activity over the previous three years. Also reports may include any known government actions, advertising issues or other information that results from activity conducted by the BBB.

Original Business Start Date: February 1994
Principal: Ms. Tosha Hendricks, Owner
Customer Contact: Ms. Tosha Hendricks, Owner - (952) 426-0009
Email Address: alliedfd@comcast.net
TOB Classification: Heating Contractors, Duct Cleaning
BBB Membership: This company is not a member.

Additional DBA Names

Allied Furnace Cleaning

Principal Officer

Ms. Tosha Hendricks is the Owner of the company.

Customer Service Contact

Ms. Tosha Hendricks is the complaint contact person for this company and should be contacted at (952) 426-0009 before filing a complaint with the BBB.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record
BBB Definition:

unsatisfactory record - A company has an "unsatisfactory business performance record" with the Bureau is based on the experiences reflected in BBB files. This file condition results when the company has failed to resolve or respond to complaints, repeatedly failed to respond or resolve issues in a timely manner, failed to resolve the underlying issues for a pattern
BBB Definition:

pattern - More than 2 complaints involving the same allegations usually within 12 months that are significant in relation to the company's size and volume of business.

of complaints, failed to honor their commitment to mediate or arbitrate disputes or honor mediated agreements or arbitrated decisions, failed to substantiate, modify or discontinue false advertising claims that are challenged by the BBB, or failed to discontinue unauthorized use of the BBB name and logo, a Federally protected trademark.

with the Bureau due to a pattern
BBB Definition:

pattern - More than 2 complaints involving the same allegations usually within 12 months that are significant in relation to the company's size and volume of business.

of complaints and has failed to correct the underlying reason for the complaints.

Complaints have involved job quality and customer service issues
BBB Definition:

service issues - Claims of alleged delay in completing service, failure to provide promised service, inferior quality of provided service, or damaged merchandise as a result of delivery service.

BBB Definition:

customer service issues - Claims alleging unsatisfactory customer service, including personnel's failure to provide assistance in a timely manner, failure to address or respond to customer dissatisfaction, unavailability for customer support, and/or inappropriate behavior or attitude exhibited by company staff.

. Customers have reported incomplete or unsatisfactory cleaning service from the company. Some customers have also reported difficulty having their phone calls returned by company management.

The company has responded to most complaints by offering a re-cleaning or a refund. Some complaints have not been answered.

When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

The Bureau processed a total of 43 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 43 complaints closed in 36 months, 22 were closed in the last year.

Advertising Issues
BBB Definition:

Advertising Issues - Claims alleging print or electronic media advertised claims or practices misrepresent the service or product offer.

Resolved
BBB Definition:

Resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.

1 - Company resolved the complaint issues, but not within the Bureau's timeframe.
No Response
BBB Definition:

No Response - The company failed to respond to the complaint.

2 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

Billing or Collection Issues
BBB Definition:

Billing or Collection Issues - Claim alleging billing errors, unauthorized charges, or questionable collection practices.

Resolved
BBB Definition:

1 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.
Administratively Closed
BBB Definition:

Administratively Closed - The BBB determined that the complaint could not be satisfactorily settled using standard methods of voluntary dispute resolution

1 - BBB determined the company made a reasonable offer to resolve the issues, but the consumer did not accept the offer.
No Response
BBB Definition:

2 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

Repair Issues
BBB Definition:

Repair Issues - Claims of alleged incorrect diagnosis of a problem, delay in completion of repair, inferior workmanship.

Resolved
BBB Definition:

1 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB.
Administratively Closed
BBB Definition:

Administratively Closed - The BBB determined that the complaint could not be satisfactorily settled using standard methods of voluntary dispute resolution

1 - BBB determined the company made a reasonable offer to resolve the issues, but the consumer did not accept the offer.
No Response
BBB Definition:

1 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

Service Issues
BBB Definition:

Service Issues - Claims of alleged delay in completing service, failure to provide promised service, inferior quality of provided service, or damaged merchandise as a result of delivery service.

Resolved
BBB Definition:

2 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.
1 - Company offered a partial (less than 100%) settlement which the consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB.
1 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB.
4 - Company resolved the complaint issues, but not within the Bureau's timeframe.
Unresolved
BBB Definition:

Unresolved - The company failed to resolve the complaint issues.

4 - Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through the BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process.
Administratively Closed
BBB Definition:

2 - BBB determined the company made a reasonable offer to resolve the issues, but the consumer did not accept the offer.
No Response
BBB Definition:

7 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

Customer Service Issues
BBB Definition:

Service Issues - Claims of alleged delay in completing service, failure to provide promised service, inferior quality of provided service, or damaged merchandise as a result of delivery service.

BBB Definition:

Customer Service Issues - Claims alleging unsatisfactory customer service, including personnel's failure to provide assistance in a timely manner, failure to address or respond to customer dissatisfaction, unavailability for customer support, and/or inappropriate behavior or attitude exhibited by company staff.

Resolved
BBB Definition:

2 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.
1 - Company resolved the complaint issues, but not within the Bureau's timeframe.
Administratively Closed
BBB Definition:

Product Issues
BBB Definition:

Product Issues - Claim alleging a product does not meet the expectations of the complainant, including defective merchandise.

Resolved
BBB Definition:

1 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.
3 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB.
Unresolved
BBB Definition:

Unresolved - The company failed to resolve the complaint issues.

1 - Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through the BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process.
Administratively Closed
BBB Definition:

Refund or Exchange Issues
BBB Definition:

Refund or Exchange Issues - Claim of alleged failure to honor company policy or verbal commitment to provide refunds, exchanges, or credit for products or services.

Resolved
BBB Definition:

Company Management

Additional company management personnel include:

Ms. Karen Hendricks - Owner

Additional Addresses, and Telephone Numbers

Additional Addresses
4074 White Bear Ave N
Saint Paul, MN 55110-4305
Ms. Karen Hendricks, Owner

100 County Road C W
Little Canada, MN 55117-1382

Additional Phone Numbers
Tel: (651) 426-0009
Tel: (952) 426-0009
Tel: (612) 481-7005

Post Allied Furnace - Scam, Scam, Scam!!! 

tylerfriends wrote:
I have a schedule for Duck Cleaning with Allied Furnace. The guy name Chuck came and told me that I also need to clean the furnace.

It was Chuck who showed up at my house too. This tall fat dude is out there scamming customers. He told me the same thing to stay away because I didn't want to breathe in all the dust.

I am not sure how far you could go with suing them? It takes a long time and a lot of attorney fee, court fee, etc. Unless you line up enough people for a class action.

Hi WhatsUp,

With my work, I talk to about 50 people a day. I'm spreading the words out to invite those victims to join the suit. Please do the same, whatever ways you can: Internet, neighbors, co-workers, friends, customers..... Let them know about ALLIED FURNACE's SCAM. If they were Victims ask them join us. If they have not use Allied Furnace, let them know so they are aware of it.

WE CAN NOT LET THESE CROOKS FLY.

Let me know what you think?

tylerfriends wrote:

With my work, I talk to about 50 people a day. I'm spreading the words out to invite those victims to join the suit. Please do the same, whatever ways you can: Internet, neighbors, co-workers, friends, customers..... Let them know about ALLIED FURNACE's SCAM. If they were Victims ask them join us. If they have not use Allied Furnace, let them know so they are aware of it.

WE CAN NOT LET THESE CROOKS FLY.

Let me know what you think?

Count me in, tylerfriends!!! I have the receipt as proof. That Chuck dude conned me out of over $300 and the Hoffman guy conned me out of another $85, a total of $400. I'd call that a scam on any day. Allied Furnance owns the Hoffman company, BTW.

I always tip service people even though I don't have to. But Chuck was only serviceman I didn't tip in several years. Somehow that guy just irked me or something didn't feel right.

Post Allied Furnace & Duct cleaning 

Same here....

Same guy - and compared to past jobs by different vendors, it was 1/2 the job for twice the cost... I was sucked in by the use of the "rotary brush" - If it was used at all, it was only from the furnace and couldn't reach more than 12 feet - (Far from "whole house")... He did "all" the ducts and the furnace and was gone in less than 1/2 an hour...

I'll do what I can to get the message out.

Post Air Duct & Furnace Cleaning 

A good friend recommended Twin Cities Duct Cleaning, which is owned by Residential Heating & Air. Minneapolis Air Duct Furnace Cleaning

The duct cleaning technician was very professional, curteous, and have done a thorough cleaning for the whole house. She was very pleased with the service. No hard-selling on additional services. Cleaning for the entire house costs only $99. A great deal. More importantly, you can let someone decent into your house and get the job done quickly. I will definitely give them a try soon!

You two sound like a sorry bunch who each have a little buyer's remorse. Chuck was at my home and did a wonderful job. As a matter of fact he found my fireplace plugged, he saved our life. Two thumbs up to Allied and Chuck from Allied. I strongly recommend Allied to anyone.

Post Air Duct & Furnace Cleaning 

kevin14210 wrote:
You two sound like a sorry bunch who each have a little buyer's remorse. Chuck was at my home and did a wonderful job. As a matter of fact he found my fireplace plugged, he saved our life. Two thumbs up to Allied and Chuck from Allied. I strongly recommend Allied to anyone.

Hoffman Furnace & Heating is owned by the same scammer artist who owns Allied Furnace. Why do you have Hoffman's web address attached to your screen name? Even a fool can figure out that you are with either or both of these scam businesses.

When the Hoffman furnace service guy came to my house, he was only interested in selling me a brand-new furnace. I have found a local furnace company that does business honestly. You can see their website at: Minneapolis Furnace

Allied Furnace and Hoffman Furnace are just bad companies. It is even worse to have their own people coming out and defend them. Why are you the only one who has good things to say about this scammer-thief Chuck?

Post CleanMyFurnace Duct 911 

Please be AWARE!!!

CleanMyFurnace.com is Allied Furnace now. CleanMyFurnace is a marketing company. They don't offer duct cleaning service, instead, they sell leads to Allied Furnace. Don't be scammed by CleanMyFurnace.

Duct-911.com is the same crap owned by CleanMyFurnace.com

Stay as far away as you can.

Post Allied Furnace - SCAM 

Got a call from someone named Jim. He said he was from Allied Furnace Duct & Chimney Cleaning. He told me it had been 2 years since they cleaned my ducts and they would like to offer me a special to clean my ducts again. I told him "You didn't do a good job last time. So, I am not going to hire you again." His response, "I understand your feeling, sir." Then hang up.

Stay away from Allied Furnace Duct & Chimney Cleaning!!! They are nothing but a scam. The Consumer's Checkbook magazine gives them the lowest rating in that category.

Post Allied Furnace 

Got a call from Allied Furnace again tonight. They asked me if I wanted to have a air duct cleaning. I told the lady to remove my number from their call list. They called from:

651-484-1651

Don't get ripped off by Allied Furnace!

Post allied hoffman furnace fraud 

Tylerfriends: I'm with you. these guys are frauds. they are breaking the law. Please contact me if I can help you.

I'm going to file a report with the BBB, and see what else I can do to expose these frauds. They can just change their name to run from their reputation over and over again unless they are shut down by legal means. This crap pisses me off so bad - I just want to find these guys and get them back.

Kevin14210: how do you sleep at night? I think you should seriously take a look at your life, and who you work for.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1