Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Does size matter?
Post Does size matter? 
I'm a big fan of movies of any genre. I may not like them all, but I enjoy looking past just the plot and dialogue to find value. Because of that, I have a large DVD collection filled with several very C-list movies.

My friends make fun of me for owning many of these titles, and my response is usually, "It's a good pick-up for $5 a Target."

The question is, is it better to have a humongous movie collection that is filled with a lot of movies that, truthfully, you are fairly "blah" about, but you got it for super cheap? Or, should every movie you own be something of significance for differing reasons?

If I had the money, I'd always say more is better. I'm the same way with books. My collection is, I have to say, quite impressive. I've actually read some of them too.

Don't let your impressive collection overtake you, or your home... I know I have to stop collecting books becaue storage is limited even in large homes, and bookshelves take up space too. Cycle out the old before you bring in the new...

To take a philosophical swing at this one: Happiness consists in having fewer wants, not fewer things.

I went through a major down-sizing effort over the last 3 years, and feel much lighter, and better off for it. Everything - books, music, things, people (that I didn't care too much about, or those that didn't care for me Smile)

Cheers!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1