Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Mill City Farmers Market
Post Mill City Farmers Market 
If you haven't visited this gem yet, don't ley another Saturday morning go by without experiencing it. This charming market, open Saturdays from 8:00-1:00, is a nice change of pace from the Minneapolis Market (which I also love.) Feauturing a nice variety of local vendors, mostly organic, you can visit with growers and artisans about their products without being swept away or crushed by the crowds that surge into the Minnespolis Market. I went in June and enjoyed it, but there weren't that many vendors early in the season. Went again today, and it was spectacular - local produce is beginning to come in, and other delicious foods are beginning to appear (caramels, breads, cheeses.) The ambience is small-townish and friendly. A (free) cooking demonstration of some kind is given in a comfy setting with ample seating at 10:00. Today, Chef Ron promoted Slow Food USA while epreparing Slow Slaw and assorted grilled veggies. Had a grilled sweet corn brushed with organic butter and sprinkled with sea salt that was heavenly.
It will only get better, now through October, so go early and often!! Support your local growers.

I went today, and had to circle twice before finding the mini-donut booth. SO glad I found it. Midway thru the tunnel on the right next to the coffee. They apparently contain cardomam in addition to organic ingredients, so they taste even better than the nasty horrible yummy state fair version. Mmmmmmm. Mini-donuts.....

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1