Date: 2010-05-01, 4:05PM CDT
Reply to: email@example.com [Errors when replying to ads?]
GREEN COLLAR JOB ALERT!
Minneapolis’ Segway Magical History Tours is hiring tour guides!
Qualifications: We are looking for historically minded, safety conscious individuals with natural customer service capabilities and big personaliites. A flexible schedule and the ability to speak a foreign language are highly desired.
Want to be an Ambassador of Minneapolis? Enjoy being outside? Have an interest in our history? Do you like teaching and leading others?
7 days a week, up to 6 tours a day, from April 1 – November 1, we are looking for Ambassadors/Tour Guides/Associates who love our city and want to spread the story of our spectacular history, riding on a Segway powered by 100% Renewable Energy, alongside the majestic Mississippi River. Flexible hours and $8 per hour starting pay.
- Must be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without assistance, which requires physical abilities similar to climbing and descending stairs without any assistance or use of a handrail
In this role you will be:
- Training the proper use of a Segway and leading a three hour tour (mostly outdoors), which includes providing commentary along the 6 mile tour route about the history and interesting facts of the area (will train/provide commentary).
- Ensuring all participants are conducting themselves in a safe, yet fun manner while on the tour.
- Providing the best possible Segway Magical History Tour experience to all customers either being the general public, corporate groups or offsite events.
- Taking pictures of guests along tour route with a digital camera
- Communicating with Riverfront partnerships to continually encourage engagement in promoting a clean environment.
- General store maintenance including: sweeping, vacuuming, sanitizing helmets, wiping down Segways after tour and taking out garbage/recycling
Tours begin in St. Anthony Main at 125 Main St. SE, glide across the Stone Arch Bridge, St. Anthony Falls, through Mill Ruins Park then break at the Mill City Museum Café for refreshments. Afterward we continue cruising along West River Parkway, across the Plymouth Avenue Bridge, over Boom Island and across nostalgic Nicollet Island.
Interviews are being held Monday, May 3rd and Tuesday, May 4th from 9:00AM to 11:00PM in 15 minute intervals.
1. Please send COVER LETTER, RESUME and THREE PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Please indicate which day(s) and time(s) you are available.
We will call you to set up an interview appointment.
Location: Minneapolis / St. Paul
This is a part-time job.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.