Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Digital Coupon Use Growing Fast
Post Digital Coupon Use Growing Fast 

Study finds digital coupon use up 59.9%

Story posted: October 25, 2010 - 1:15 pm EDT

Minneapolis—The number of digital coupons offered to manufacturer customers increased 59.9% for the year-to-date period ended Sept. 30, compared with the year-earlier period, according to a new report from research company Kantar Media .
In addition, the number of manufacturers engaged in digital couponing also increased. Kantar reported that 267 manufacturers distributed digital coupon offers in the first nine months of this year, an increase of 23% over the 217 manufacturers that were active in the year-earlier period.

While digital coupon activity is growing, it currently makes up only about 1% of all couponing, as marketers learn to measure customer engagement and other performance metrics, the company said.

Once a month I get a free rental coupon on my cell phone, from Red Box. You have to put in your credit card to get the movie, so if you go over your one free night they get to charge you. It's a good way to promote the product. I'm not often late but do pay for use of their service on occasion. It's a nice supplement to Netflix by mail, Netflix streaming, and my Satellite TV's DVR.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1