City Editor (TC)
Date: 2011-02-18, 1:20PM CST
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
The A.V. Club, the pop-culture wing of The Onion, is looking for a hungry CITY EDITOR to work in our Twin Cities office. The full-time position entails supervising all of our local content, including the weekly paper and local website.
Job responsibilities include writing features, event picks, and more for print and web; supervising a staff of freelancers and interns; maintaining the local website’s social media branches (Twitter, Facebook, etc.); and being the active local face of the publication.
Qualified candidates will possess:
• Passion for arts & entertainment (music, film, comedy, theater), food, and nightlife in the Twin Cities.
• Exceptional organizational & multi-tasking skills
• Strong computer (Mac) and web-publishing skills
• The ability to lead a local editorial team but also work within a team of editors spread across the country
• A journalism degree and/or experience in journalism
The Onion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This is a full-time contract position, and thus not eligible for benefits. Please send a résumé with a cover letter (with salary requirements), writing samples, and editing samples (if available) to email@example.com.
PLEASE, NO COMEDY, PHONE CALLS, OR OFFICE VISITS.