Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Read any good books lately?
Post Read any good books lately? 

I've got a long stretch of time coming up when I'll be sitting in rehearsals not doing much (tech week for one show; understudy in another), and I need some good reading material. What have you read lately that you loved?

Big fan of Curious George myself. Smile

No really, for some fun fantasy adventure, Magician: Apprentice and Magician: Master are a lot of fun. Then if they hook you you can go in to Silverthorn and A Darkness At Sethanon.

White Star is good for some brain candy. It's about a Vietnam vet who was a sniper goes back to the world to become a lawyer only to have some other sniper basically call him out for a sniping fest. Yeah there's lots about guns 'n shooting 'n stuff, but I think the aim of the book was meant more to be about the guy and how he has dealt with killing.

I've wanted to read The Davinci Code. The movie was fun enough and there were a number of points where you could tell Tom Hanks' character was figuring stuff out, but you can't really film someone figuring stuff out very well. I bet it's done better in the book.

Post Lately? 

Nothing, but if you like history, McCullough's John Adams is good. Halberstam's The Best and the Brightest about the politics behind the Vietnam War is very good. Both books won Pulitzer Prizes for the authors.

anything by Vince Flynn

Post A good book for many 

I'm half way thru "Anger Management for Dummies". I didn't think I needed to read it, but the more I read, the happier I am that I'm reading it. It's helped a lot. However, from what I know of dorajar, you don't need it.

I just finished The Lacuna, Barbara Kingsolver's new novel, and thought it was stunning. Highly recommended.

Just finished this one

The Icarus Agenda is a 1988 thriller novel by bestselling author Robert Ludlum

Post I used to read a lot of Ludlum books . . . 

but the upteenth time the hero kicked the gun out of a professional killer's hand, I had to give them up. I suggest Donald Hamilton's Matt Helm series instead, beginning with the first - Death of a Citizen.

I never read a Matt Helm book but remember the old movies with Dean Martin playing the hero...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Helm

thanks for the tip!!

I just want to share a good book i have read lately. Itís a book by Mark Haddon entitled the curious incident of the dog in the night time. The story revolves around Christopher a 15 year old boy with autism. He is very logical though with the disability and he has funny but weird choices in life. He does not want his food touching when put in the plate or he would not eat it. The story is about him, detecting who killed Wellington, a dog, as he was suspected of it.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1