Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
The Adjustment Bureau
Post The Adjustment Bureau 
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1385826/

“The Fugitive” meets “A Wrinkle In Time”, with a dash of “Total Recall” and “Minority Report”.

I came into this movie with moderately high hopes. I like Matt Damon’s action flicks in the Bourne series, and generally find him to be a solid performer in his jaded "Boy Scout schooled by life" persona. But in this role, Damon’s got nothing to exert his earnest intensity on that’s worth his trouble. Emily Blount plays the love interest, and unfortunately has perfectly captured the attitude, accent and vocabulary of a vapid English exchange student forced to spend years as Paris Hilton’s sorority roommate. The only reasonable explanation for their on-again, off-again romance over a period of years is that they forgot where they put each other. Otherwise, there's no discernable reason why they'd bother to reconnect.

If you want to make a movie, you’ve got to make a choice. Grown ups battling through their own problems, or teenagers using mystical spells and magical doors to fix theirs. This movie tries to do both.

Here’s the short and dirty. Unexplainably single rising superpolitician meets undetectably talented horny English dancer and fall madly in love within minutes. Dark agents of fate chase them around, hoping to derail a romance that threatens the falling dominos of the predetermined plan for the world’s collective destiny. They fight back, and in the end, triumph by dissolving the bad guys with the power beam of their undeniable true love.

If you’re buying this and believe in reincarnation, live your life carefully. Otherwise you might be reborn as a disk of magnetized plastic, and forced to play this movie over and over and over again. Felt like an eternity to me, and I just saw it once...

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1