Minneapolis Finder Forum MN
RegisterSearchTutorialsMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Candid Cameras: Rape Victims Document Attackers
Post Candid Cameras: Rape Victims Document Attackers 

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/06/09/california.sexual.assault.video/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

http://www.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/123473104.html

In separate incidents, a woman in Minneapolis and one in Oakland, CA used cell phone cameras to capture images of their attackers and provide it to police.

Want to make sure it doesn't happen to another woman? Try shooting with a .357 instead of a camera.

Post Red Flag 

"the victim knows the suspect somewhat, but she doesn't know his complete name."

Unfortunately many a reported rape involves a woman who hoped to hold him to a double, but the little devil on his shoulder kept waving him home...

Oops. My bad. I guess that revokes her right to defend herself.

Didn't say that, Prae. Just sayin' that a fairly significant number of reported rapes might be considered to be buyer's remorse in the cold light of day. Investigators hear fairly often "I agreed to A, B and C, but no way was I gonna do D". Hence the red flag for "I kinda sorta know him". I think we might agree that a mere photo of some dude is not prima facie evidence of rape, and we might want more info before signing his death warrant.

Right, I'm not signing his death warrant. In fact if she had used a gun instead of a cell phone, we wouldn't be here having this conversation and the headline might read, "Lonely woman shot man after one night stand failed to turn in to long term relationship." Or it might read, "Woman shot intruder who was stealin' her shit." All it does for us now is say how clever it is that she filmed her own rape. Maybe she can put it up on YouTube and get some money from the ad revenue.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1