Luck is Finally on Vikings' Side

Vikings, Timberwolves, Wild, Gopher Sports, hiking, biking, skiing, fishing, hunting ...
Terry

Luck is Finally on Vikings' Side

Post by Terry » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:41 am

When was the last time you saw the Vikings got 2 huge lucky breaks in one game? I can hardly remember the last time they got 2 lucky breaks in the whole season. Well, they got 2 big ones yesterday and that lifted them to 2-0. Are we seeing the real turnaround for the Vikes or we are witnessing a bubble that is about to burst in our face? Next week will be a good test when the 2-0 Bears come in town.

OdinofAzgard

Vikings -- 16 & 0 --

Post by OdinofAzgard » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:47 pm

When was the last time you saw the Vikings got 2 huge lucky breaks in one game? I can hardly remember the last time they got 2 lucky breaks in the whole season. Well, they got 2 big ones yesterday and that lifted them to 2-0. Are we seeing the real turnaround for the Vikes or we are witnessing a bubble that is about to burst in our face? Next week will be a good test when the 2-0 Bears come in town.
The only lucky break I remember was the foolish attempted lateral. If you're also referring to the fake field goal, that wasn't luck, it was a well-planned and expertly-executed strike. When was the last time the Vikings had the discipline and the coaching expertise to run a trick play successfully?

Terry

Vikes 12 - 4 at Best

Post by Terry » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:23 pm

I definitely think that they got lucky with that fake field goal. The Carolina's special team probably was still recovering from that foolish lateral. I know Vikes had that in the game plan, practiced it and executed it beautifully. But C'mon, how many times you have seen that kind of trick play actually works in NFL? Very rarely. The Vikings play barely made it into the end zone. Lucky, lucky, lucky. Hope they don't run out of luck soon.

Are you kidding me with 16-0? 80% chance the Vikes will get mauled by the Bears on Sunday.

luciensar

Post by luciensar » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:10 pm

I wouldn't be disappointed to be proven wrong, but I don't think this season's Vikes have a shot at 10-6, let alone 16-0. It's nice when luck helps pull things together, but you can't win a whole season on luck. And also, luck doesn't breed confidence in the same way that a hard-fought win will. The Vikes probably walked off the field knowing they got lucky. And that's only going to make them nervous, waiting for the hammer to fall on their streak.

Terry

Post by Terry » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:33 pm

One loss - it is just the beginning. Vikes offense couldn't produce much when facing a tough defense. The Vikes the defense is getting better than last few seasons, but not by that much.

Drove by the dome today after the game. Couldn't pick out one smiling face out of all the fans on the street.

Oh well, Chidress will need time to mature as a head coach.

luciensar

Post by luciensar » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:43 pm

Terry wrote:Oh well, Chidress will need time to mature as a head coach.
That's what people said about Tice.

And Dennis Green.

OdinofAzgard

Vikings -- 15 & 1

Post by OdinofAzgard » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:01 pm

Our defense will get better (how many picks did we drop today -- 3?) and so will the offense. We gave 'em this game.

With Moss and this defense, we'd be the favorites to win the Super Bowl. Without Moss we're gonna have to be lucky.