Bad Behavior

Vikings, Timberwolves, Wild, Gopher Sports, hiking, biking, skiing, fishing, hunting ...
luciensar

Bad Behavior

Post by luciensar » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:27 pm

I was thinking about Randy Moss earlier, and something occured to me. I still can't quite wrap my head around why the Vikings traded him. He was guilty of some very bad behavior, but is that really a sound reason to trade a player? I mean, it's one thing if they're all drugged up or comitting violent crimes or something that's going to get them suspended. But is a bad attitude really justification for trading a player who can help you win? Maybe it goes deeper than that, though. Maybe the assumption is that bad behavior will spread throughout a team and then lead to reduced ability. I guess I just don't understand the ins and outs of sports trading.

Terry

Post by Terry » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:33 pm

Football is a team sport and Moss was a HUGE distraction. He was a very self-centered player too. If the ball isn't thrown in his direction, he doesn't want to give his full effort. Look at how he is doing at Raiders - not much better than he did as a viking. It is a real shame that he has become his own enemy, give how talented he is.